DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Camshaft Position Sensor

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  IntrepidLover1956 
#1 ·
Hey guys, back again and looking for assistance (again). I just replaced the camshaft position sensor in my 3.5L Intrepid (1996). That got rid of the no start condition, but I now have another issue: I'm getting a high-speed miss (No CEL or codes). Is there something else that needs to be done after the sensor is installed? Or is the problem probably somewhere else (like plug wires, fuel filter, etc.)? I'm getting ready to put new NGK plug wires on it and will be taking the plenum off to make it so much easier. While the plenum is off I plan to clean it and the dual throttle bodies. Is there anything else I should be doing (e.g., fuel filter)?

#3 ·
First off, I've now noticed that it is hard to start when warm. Initially, after starting, it runs smooth for the first 10 minutes, or so. Then it begins to miss under load or at high speed (50 mph to 70 mph). My fuel economy is also down (from a combined 23 to 18). It is beginning to feel more like a fuel supply issue - I've just purchased a new fuel filter but haven't installed it yet. I've already purchased NKG plug wires and plan to remove and clean the throttle bodies (have to buy the gaskets first) and plenum when replacing the plug wires. I also plan to have Autozone "loan" me a fuel pressure gauge, but I won't have the money until the third of next month. I know that everything I've already mentioned is past due for replacement. I hope that completing this maintenance will resolve the issue. If not, I'll reach out again. Thanks for replying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.