DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone with a digital cam take a pic of where this is located and either post it or e-mail it to me? It would be much apprieciated.

·
Registered
560 Posts
im going to take some photos tonight of my car,...ill take a shot of the sensor location too and just post it along with my car photos....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Everyone asks this all the time so I went ahead and scanned in the manual that has the location for both engines. Instead of describing might as well show the pic.

Camshaft Position Sensor Location

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I thought that is where it was, already out and cleaned. Idle is so much better now. No more shaking.

·
Registered
432 Posts
How did you clean this sensor? I cleaned it yesterday and the car still idles bad and shakes. Don't you have to clean the CRANKshaft sensor too?

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently not on my car. I just took it out and wiped it off with a shop rag, and put it back in. Car runs a lot smoother now.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by LHSer:
Apparently not on my car. I just took it out and wiped it off with a shop rag, and put it back in. Car runs a lot smoother now.
I told you guys, mine made a big difference as well.

Babyalex, you may have other problems with your car.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
how much does it cost to replace one of the suckers normally.. my local dodge dealer wants $80 for that little POS.........

Well.. I looked at the date of the first post in the thread.. I think I ressurected it after a year and a half of being ignored :p

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Mine was coated with carbon deposits pretty badly. I cleaned it off with rag and some thinner. I didn't notice a whole lot of change in idle RPM or NVH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts