DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today engine light came on .. and it was the camshaft sensor... went to advance buy 1 and replace it....than i reset the computer. n i still got the camshaft sensor code... and the car is taking like 30 minutes to start... what could be the cause>>>> wiring looks good...:glum:

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
Dude.....I think you have the record for most problems on one single 2nd gen car! I know it doesn't help with your current problem but thought I'd throw it out there.

Now regarding your current problem...it seems many 2nd gen owners have had issues with after market Cam/Crank sensors. I'd recommend getting the sensor from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
you did 2 things wrong,, 1, you got it from advanced,,,, naughty naughty,, second, the crank sensor also runs in line with the cam sensor,, go to the dealer,, replace both, and see what happens, now, also,, could be the chains are getting enough streach in them its throwing off the signal

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
Was that a "flood" car from Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude.....I think you have the record for most problems on one single 2nd gen car! I know it doesn't help with your current problem but thought I'd throw it out there.

Now regarding your current problem...it seems many 2nd gen owners have had issues with after market Cam/Crank sensors. I'd recommend getting the sensor from the dealer.
next time keep it to ur self buddy... by the way thanx for ur second opinion... lol

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
Whatever..just pointing that fact out...and how you have the most problems for a 2nd gen. Sorry to B you!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you did 2 things wrong,, 1, you got it from advanced,,,, naughty naughty,, second, the crank sensor also runs in line with the cam sensor,, go to the dealer,, replace both, and see what happens, now, also,, could be the chains are getting enough streach in them its throwing off the signal
DEALER DEALER DELAER NO THANX... after inspecting again . -i found the bad orange cable from the connector... change the connector n now car turns on quick. .. advance got really good sensors.. you are right cam n crank sensors run in the same line. but but i belive they have diffrent symptoms... unless ur certified mechanic ... anyways thanx for ur help

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whatever..just pointing that fact out...and how you have the most problems for a 2nd gen. Sorry to B you![/QUOTE

no prob... now is all good .... car turns on quick now... with the new connector .. but the code wont clear by disconnecting the negative cable. should i try with a code scanner.////???

·
Registered
917 Posts
I've had to replace my cam/. Crank sensor every year since replacing mine with aftermarket sensors. The original one lasted 7 yrs and the aftermarket ones roughly a yr. next time it goes bad I'm going to the Dealer !!! FWIW....

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had to replace my cam/. Crank sensor every year since replacing mine with aftermarket sensors. The original one lasted 7 yrs and the aftermarket ones roughly a yr. next time it goes bad I'm going to the Dealer !!! FWIW....
Well my last aftermarket sensor lasrt almost 4 years..... i guess ur not lucky lol

Sent from my X500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
DEALER DEALER DELAER NO THANX... after inspecting again . -i found the bad orange cable from the connector... change the connector n now car turns on quick. .. advance got really good sensors.. you are right cam n crank sensors run in the same line. but but i belive they have diffrent symptoms... unless ur certified mechanic ... anyways thanx for ur help
im a ASE master tech, and my experance with advance BWD crap is just that crap, but you be happy,,,

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
Whatever..just pointing that fact out...and how you have the most problems for a 2nd gen. Sorry to B you![/QUOTE

no prob... now is all good .... car turns on quick now... with the new connector .. but the code wont clear by disconnecting the negative cable. should i try with a code scanner.////???
leave the neg cable off for 20-30 mins,, if the code remains you have other problems

1 - 12 of 12 Posts