DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone removed there camshaft sensor on the 3.5 i cant seem to get mine to move its siezed in there and i dont wont to brake it anymore than it is. Help!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just has to be stuck unless someone put some sealer on it.. Have you tried grabing it with a channel lock pliers to see if you can rotating it a little and see if it breaks loose?

·
Registered
467 Posts
wd-40 should help, let it sit awhile. then, like mentioned, try twisting and pulling at the same time.

make sure you pull it out straight, if you pull it on an angle it's only going to resist more.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I'll throw this How-To in too:

3.5L Engine

See Figures 12 and 13

Fig. 12: The camshaft position sensor is installed in the timing case cover above the left camshaft sprocket-3.5L engine

Fig. 13: The paper spacer is located on the end of the sensor-3.5L engine

The camshaft position sensor is installed in the timing case cover above the left camshaft sprocket.

Disconnect the negative battery cable.

Disconnect the electrical wiring to the sensor.

Remove the camshaft position sensor mounting screw.

Pull the sensor up and out of the timing chain case cover.

To install:

If the old sensor is being reinstalled, clean off the old spacer on the sensor face. A new spacer must be attached to the face before installation.

If the sensor is bring replaced, confirm that the proper spacer is attached to the face and a new O-ring is positioned in the groove of the new sensor.

Install the sensor in the chain case cover, then push the sensor down until it contacts the camshaft sprocket. While holding the sensor in this position, install and tighten the retaining screw to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).

Attach the electrical wiring to the sensor.

Connect the negative battery cable.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hit it w/ a few squirts of PB Blaster. The best anti-seize formula available.

-GB49

·
Registered
160 Posts
GB49 said:
Hit it w/ a few squirts of PB Blaster. The best anti-seize formula available.

That's got to be the best penetrating oil I've EVER sold in 26 years of
selling parts. And it's not overpriced.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Make sure to get the proper cardboard spacer when re-installing it and don't just put it back in or else it will hit the camshaft sprocket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts