DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any diagnostic scanners that you guys would recommend? I'm having the hardest time trying to make sense of the MIL light pauses and flashes. Sometimes I miss pauses, other times I think there's a pause when there isn't. :confused: Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
It sounds like a first gen since second gens flash the actual code on the odometer output and his username is "eaglevision4me"... ;)

·
9,861 Posts
Its not that hard. The pauses inbetween flashes is about 1 sec. The pause inbetween numbers is a few sec or more. It just takes practice. Sometimes it helps to count with it outloud.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BC42875 said:
1st gen or 2nd?

BC42875
1st Gen. It's OBD I.

hypnos said:
Its not that hard. The pauses inbetween flashes is about 1 sec. The pause inbetween numbers is a few sec or more. It just takes practice. Sometimes it helps to count with it outloud.
I'll keep trying. :) It's just been driving me crazy lately. I got something that looked like 12, 32, 35. I looked it up and figured 12 is normal, my EGR is messed up, and I've got a bad fan relay. I took it in to my dealership and was told I had a bad O2 sensor. :confused: Then it hits me that there was no code 55 in that list; what I was supposed to read is 12, 21, 55. :crazy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts