DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the car a lil over a month ago, and wanting to find out whatever I can about it.

VIN 2b3hd56j6yh294o81 and if the 3rd number from the end isn't a o, then its a zero.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Not a carfax, but I see that there are two previous owners from what I can gather.

Original selling price of the 2000 Intrepid ES was $28,545 and had 35 miles on the odometer at time of sale.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Ummm no pun intended but i dont think putting up the previous owners names or locations should have been done in the public forum should have been left as two previous owners or done thru private message as you never know who your giving the information to

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Code2medic said:
Ummm no pun intended but i dont think putting up the previous owners names or locations should have been done in the public forum should have been left as two previous owners or done thru private message as you never know who your giving the information to
"no pun intended"??? I didn't see a pun in what you are saying. But you do have a very good point. Being that this person is a new member, can't really say if he's just a stalker that looked at some chick's VIN # and wanted more info on them. I will edit and if that's the case, won't even PM them the name. Good call.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,349 Posts
He looks like a perv..just look at the car he's driving. Wait..that looks just like ours!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol no its my car. I just noticed that the passenger side had the dodge imblem, and the drivers side doesn't and if you look real had at the black weather stripping around windows you can see overspray. So was just trying to find out if it's been wrecked or what happened.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,349 Posts
I was just kidding. He does have a point about names and locations though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ronbo said:
I was just kidding. He does have a point about names and locations though.
Yeah, THe day after i bought the car, the woman that owned it before me followed me into a gas station and talked to me for almost an hour and gave me the extra key and remote. So I know her name, and she told me she bought it off the showroom floor, and it still had the window sticker in the glove box and all the papers showing her name as buying it new.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Longview Redneck said:
Yeah, THe day after i bought the car, the woman that owned it before me followed me into a gas station and talked to me for almost an hour and gave me the extra key and remote. So I know her name, and she told me she bought it off the showroom floor, and it still had the window sticker in the glove box and all the papers showing her name as buying it new.
Interesting, the Texas DMV shows a previous owner who financed it thru something like Longview Bank and Trust.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Interesting, Well what ever his reason is good or bad its better not to have the names up there but im thinking he lives in longview texas

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Code2medic said:
Interesting, Well what ever his reason is good or bad its better not to have the names up there but im thinking he lives in longview texas
Hmmm, the woman was kind of out there. She hinted to me that it's been wrecked, cause she said intrepids are really good cars "it will keep you safe no matter what" like 3 times, then she said real quick "my uh friend wrecked um hers and it keep her safe"

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Depending on local laws, you might want to find out IMMEDIATELY if the cars has ever been in an accident.

The reason being is that I know that in Iowa, a buyer has 30 days from the purchase of a car to take action if they found out that the car has been in an undisclosed accident, which is fraud. If you are seriously considering this, you probably need to go ahead and pay for a carfax if your local laws allow you to take this kind of action.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts