DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Man I hate these things, and since I don't think there will ever be any 12 and unders in my car and even if there were I HAVE A BRAIN, it would be very nice to be able to remove these ugly ass warnings. They look like they are fused to the fabric. I hate seeing the word DEATH every time I sit in my car.

Has anybody gotten rid of these, short of reupholstery?

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
In the past, someone made some plaques (I believe they were Chrome and said something about Dodge Intrepid on them) to cover up the airbag warnings.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
im not sure if that label is like a iron on at the factory. isnt that on the sunvisor. i would think if there is no electrical mirror in there try washing machine or a upholstry spray cleaner with a built in brush at the top of the can and scrub away. Give that a shot. i would use a cleaner with brush on it. As i type this i scroll to the top of the page to see it and think what to use on it. lolol. it definitly looks like a press on type label. looks like a really strong peel and stick label. try that brush cleaner and scrub like hell. it has to come off.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
smc1377 said:
In the past, someone made some plaques (I believe they were Chrome and said something about Dodge Intrepid on them) to cover up the airbag warnings.
Yes a few years back Randy (our beloved owner of this site) got us a great deal on the visor plaques to cover up that gross airbag warning. Mine is silver that says Dodge. Or is it intrepid. Crap, I don't even know. I never look up. :eek6:

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I'll try a hairdryer, but it looks pretty deep into the material. I also own a steamer. Those plaques are a cool idea also. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
on my 95 concorde those decal things are on the flipside of the mirror. when u pull down the visor u then see the airbag danger warning. Blow dryer. never thought of that. make sure u dont burn the material

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i've got mine covered with the dodge visor plaques
they look sweet and cover those ugly warnings
i got lucky a while back and found a guy who had never installed them on his R/T and sold them to me for a good price!

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
You can remove them if you want to, its your car. The car manufacturers have to put them in there by law to warn of the dangers posed by the air bag. I guess it helps them also in the event someone tries to sue claiming they didn't know that an air bag can hurt them. If they put that label on there, they are more or less off the hook. Kinda like that Surgeon General's warning on a pack of smokes that nobody actually reads.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just unfortunate they have to make it so difficult. The hair dryer did not faze them. Looks like I'll be using a cover up. Balls.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts