DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend has an Oldsmobile Toranado, and he misses having an auto dimming mirror. I was wondering if it would be possible to run wires to power a Chrysler mirror, and if/how that would be done.

This is the unit in question.

Electrical isn't really my forte, so I was wondering if someone with more knowledge would be willing to chime in?

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
yes all mirrors GM and Chrysler are made by the same company Gentex. All you need is an ignition 12V and ground to make it work. A lot of those old GMs have a spot in the fuse box that is empty but has ING next to it just for adding accessories to it. you can use that to power the mirror.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes all mirrors GM and Chrysler are made by the same company Gentex. All you need is an ignition 12V and ground to make it work. A lot of those old GMs have a spot in the fuse box that is empty but has ING next to it just for adding accessories to it. you can use that to power the mirror.
Not sure if his would have that, it's an 80's Toronado

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
There is a thread I recently ran across on here showing which wires are what.. or you can take the mirror apart and the board should be labeled IIRC ..but not 100% on that..I've had a lot of stuff apart lately

1 - 6 of 6 Posts