DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a package that left Melfort SK via Canada post's Expedited US delivery

Anyone have any idea how long that will take to reach me here in Connecticut?

I searched thier website and couldn't find a thing on shipping times

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Depends on the contents, and what they see when they X-Ray I think. I got one package from a member in a week, but another was held at customs for 10 days. Go figure. Could be completely random.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
You're in for a pretty long wait most likely Joe. The reason they don't give shipping times is because it has to go through customs and that is unpredictable. US customs has been taking an awfully long time recently. As an example, TFC doesn't live too far from CT. I believe it's about a 9 or 10 hour drive according to mapquest. The packages I've gotten from him in the past 6 months or so have been taking on average 2 weeks!

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
The things I have got from Canada has been anywhere from a week to a week and a half. Gotta love customs.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Oh boy. Canada Post. Awesome Canadian service, but never EVER use them for cross border delivery.

I have personal experiences with them as well as having used them at work and they are totally useless to use to ship cross border. No tracking, well they claim to track and have web based tracking, but the second it crosses the border either way you have lost the ability to track. If something is slow or goes missing they will take no responsibility for it whatsoever.

If you ever ship or receive from Canada, use UPS or FEDEX if it's important and you are rich or use USPS. Anything but Canada Post.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't have any options on the shipping, this was th eonly way the seller would ship

The online trackign is worthless, all it shows is packaged received at the post office, not even an update to it hitting the border

·
Registered
753 Posts
I know that I have bought and sold guitars last year and it was 5-10 days going either way by post. I have magazine subsriptions and have bought items from California, and it will take 6-8 weeks !!!!!!.

I have just learned to be more patient, 5-10 days doesn't bother me much.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I know this isn't exactly related and its a hi-jack, but does anyone know why it would take something shipped USPS Priority Mail from New Jersey on the 4th to STILL not arrive at my home in upstate NY?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Morphy said:
Oh boy. Canada Post. Awesome Canadian service, but never EVER use them for cross border delivery.

I have personal experiences with them as well as having used them at work and they are totally useless to use to ship cross border. No tracking, well they claim to track and have web based tracking, but the second it crosses the border either way you have lost the ability to track. If something is slow or goes missing they will take no responsibility for it whatsoever.

If you ever ship or receive from Canada, use UPS or FEDEX if it's important and you are rich or use USPS. Anything but Canada Post.
USPS & Canada Post work together. People in Canada can't ship USPS, they ship Canada post and when it crosses the border USPS delivers it. UPS shipping is ridiculous across the border. They're a little cheaper but their brokerage fees are ridiculous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts