DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Trep up to 180km/h :biggrinfl (111mph according to google) last night with no hint of factory imposed limitations. I only slowed down since I was approaching city (Belleville is more of a town right?) limits. My odometer only goes up to 200km/h. I was just wondering if anyone has gotten their Canadian 2.7 litre up to the max and what exactly it was.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I've been to 110 mph in my 2000 es 'sticked 2.7 ( I'm old enough to prefer to talk in Mph instead of Kph when over 100 Mph), but backed off at that point. Nice and smooth with more pedal to go, but I would suspect the programming would have put a stop to the fun pretty soon. The limiter should be the same for both "Chrysler" LH's and "Dodge" LH's, same "stuff" - different pile.
:frenzy:

And no, it wasn't on public roads.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
LOL, we only have public roads around here, unless U count the 407 as private..
Meh.. we won't tell anyone, don't worry !! :icon_mi_1
It was not on public roads.

Although it "seems" every 400 series highway in Ontario has a speed limit of around 160 kph when I'm up there. People just seem to drive those roads fast. Of course, most of them are pretty straight and 4 lanes one way. Little different in NS.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
My 04 concord shuts off at 180 kph (on public roads)!

Not sure what it will do in private!

Great White you must have a long driveway!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
**** my van shuts off at 90. i found out the hard way when i went to pass someone then bam it kicks back.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I know where there's an old drag strip in sackville. Hard to find and burried in the woods. Found it on day when wheeling when I was a pup.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I've buried the needle badly on the 402 and 401......It blocked the mileage LED's.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My experience was like BJ's, I could've easily gone more but I chickened out since I was approaching a town. Avenger, you have a 3.5 though right?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Brownsound said:
My experience was like BJ's, I could've easily gone more but I chickened out since I was approaching a town. Avenger, you have a 3.5 though right?
No you couldn't bcs I didn't chicken out and still didn't go any faster with pedal to the metal. The governor will kick in at 180 or something close to that !! And Avenger also has an R/T and they don't have speed governors I'm told !

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Avenger said:
I've buried the needle badly on the 402 and 401......It blocked the mileage LED's.
I hear that my friend!
I get goin' pretty bad on the 401/402, even the 400', buried the needle right over the odometer :p

my last ticket...cop cut me some slack; I was going at least 160 :doh:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Chicken out?

Not likely, I ran out of pavement where I did it.

Remember, I wasn't on public roads.

And just for the record, I've gone alot faster than 180 kph gentlemen.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Great White said:
Chicken out?

Not likely, I ran out of pavement where I did it.

Remember, I wasn't on public roads.

And just for the record, I've gone alot faster than 180 kph gentlemen.

Cheers

BJ
I just used his own term, wasn't trying to make anyone look like a chicken. And I'm sure you have but not on your 2.7 Intrepid, unless you don't have a governor wich is what we're talking about here, not who's gone faster than who. This isn't going to turn into another pissing contest is it ?? :cool:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Been to the old drag strip in Sackville Great White.

Youve been above 180 in your trep we have to talk mine won't do more than 180

My 94 does 220 though!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn, I wish I tried to push it a little more just to see if 180 was the max. My dad got our old 94 caravan up to 160 before it started shaking like a mofo. Are there any cheap and/or decent drag strips in the GTA area?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
gn300 said:
Been to the old drag strip in Sackville Great White.

Youve been above 180 in your trep we have to talk mine won't do more than 180

My 94 does 220 though!
No, no, no.......

Term's correct. Not in the Intrepid. As I said, I've only been to 110 with her.

Been a "little" bit faster than that at Silverstone. I did the "Drive Silverstone Experience" last time I was there. Ferrari 308, porsche 911, Lotus, Audi, open wheel.........
It was a ball. Well worth the 500 or so Cdn I spent.

The autobahn was fun too...........

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Brownsound said:
Damn, I wish I tried to push it a little more just to see if 180 was the max. My dad got our old 94 caravan up to 160 before it started shaking like a mofo. Are there any cheap and/or decent drag strips in the GTA area?
The 407 at 5 AM..... :bgtup: You get charged by KM, so it's up to you how much you want to spend !!

·
Registered
537 Posts
The 400's are only 3 lanes not 4.
Anyways I got my 1993 Vision TSI 3.5L to 210KM/H on the QEW LOL. Right after a concert in Toronto on Canada Day in 2004. My speedo goes to 240km/h but at 210 i was having to do some risky lane changes so I slowed it down. But the highways were nice at 11pm cause of the fireworks. I can't beleive there were no cops cause I did it from Downtown Toronto to Burlington/Hamilton. I made that run in 16mins where it normally takes 40mins or so.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Striker98 said:
The 400's are only 3 lanes not 4.
Anyways I got my 1993 Vision TSI 3.5L to 210KM/H on the QEW LOL. Right after a concert in Toronto on Canada Day in 2004. My speedo goes to 240km/h but at 210 i was having to do some risky lane changes so I slowed it down. But the highways were nice at 11pm cause of the fireworks. I can't beleive there were no cops cause I did it from Downtown Toronto to Burlington/Hamilton. I made that run in 16mins where it normally takes 40mins or so.
400 north has 4 lanes from the 401 up to Steeles, after that I don't remember, maybe it goes to three but I don't take it north so often to remember .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts