DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a engine swap, I can get the thing to start but the # 5 injector will not fire. it's not in a intrepid it's a van, but it's the same motor thats in a trep.

Wish it had a 3.5 with all the work I did on the one in my trep I kinda know that bird alot more

·
Registered
660 Posts
The output of the pcm grounds each injector to fire it. The other side of the injector sets at + voltage. Think it is either 8v or 12v.
Anyway have you checked for signal and power at the injector? Either with an injector test light or scope. If you have signal then you must have a stuck injector.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not getting voltage to fire injector, 1st thing i did was move the injector to another cylinder and it was fine there, I shaved the wires to #5 and not reading a thing on it.I traced all the wires out and there are no brakes in them. is there a cam or crank senser in the 3.3 like the 3.5? would it be on the flywheel or front of engine? if it's the flywheel maybe I hit the trigger putting it in

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yes there are both cam and crank, but since the others are firing don't think that is your problem. Sounds like your pcm has a bad output.

If you have a pull it yard just get the number off your pcm and pull one from a yard. You can usually find an matching one pretty easy. I found a space for my trep with no problem. There are alway lots of van in the yard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts