DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a brand new head unit. A pioneer DEH-p8mp. I can't get any reception on radio stations that I could always get with any other headunit factory or aftermarket. What could be causing this?

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
You did plug the antenna in, right???

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
mine does this. the antenna on mine is plugged in but my radio works after about 30 mins of listening to static at full volume and hitting bumps. i tihnk my hu is bad

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I even went and replace the Antenna adapter. Brand spanking new head unit.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Make sure the antenna is not touching any metal. Did you try taking the radio out and see if it is a shortage in the cable wit the radio on?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
If you are using the stock up graded system, make sure your antenna is powered. If the antenna box doesn't get 12 volts it is dead to the world. Just get the right leads or you turn on your rear defroster.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
That must only be applicable to vehicles with the rear integrated antena? Because there is no booster on vehicles with a standard quarter panel mounted antenna...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's strange because I'll get some stations perfectly clear and other stations nothing. So it's not like i'm not getting reception at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am no professional, but, everytime I get a HU installed other than the factory, I have lost some reception. They told me why, but I forgot, for all I know it was a bunch of BS and the people didnt know what the hell they were doin......

·
Registered
12 Posts
I figured out the word (words), FM Mono Sensitivity!! For example sony's F7710 has a rating of 9 dBf and Panasonic 9900U is 11dBf. Yours is 8 dBf, so it rules that out as the problem. The smaller the # the more capable it is to pick up week stations. The reason I am interested in this is because I am in the process of building a system for my new (new to me) 2000 300M. The more I learn the more I will tell you. Sorry if no help!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts