·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is mostly stock.

Its driving me nuts.

I thought I could hold back.

Then I ordered the Eibach's.

It has to be close the same feeling a crack-head gets after falling of the wagon.

I need another mod.

Im sure I'll feel the same way after I get it too.

Help.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm aware of all the mods for us,

I put I2's car together, I sold it to him a while back and helped him take it even further. Ive just been able to keep the mod bug at bay since I replaced it with the R/T. His beast has been sitting at my house for a while getting a couple new mods including a "New Mod". So I2 when you read this your car is responsable for my "relapse".

I think Im going to start with ordering some mandrel bent aluminum tubing and create my own intake. JBA's & ASP pulley when taxes come in.

·
Registered
541 Posts
My car is mostly stock.
Its driving me nuts.
I thought I could hold back
Then I ordered the Eibach's.
It has to be close the same feeling a crack-head gets after falling of the wagon.
I need another mod.
Im sure I'll feel the same way after I get it too.
Help.
LOL, I can’t help but to remember feeling this way for a long time. I finally realized that I was spending way too much time thinking about my car. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of modifying and re-engineering things for my machine. I found that once I stopped with the car, I moved on to the computer, house, motorcycle, and other gadgets. I hope you’re not as afflicted with this as I am, but I have a philosophical understanding of why I do this. I know how to feed it and how to feel accomplished. Good luck with your project!

I'll give you some advice that may help give you some direction. Find the top 3 things that bother you or don't make sense about your car, then start there (looks, handling, performance, comfort, technology integration, mileage, efficiency, etc..). Research possibilities, weigh in the benefits and draw backs and then you will find your direction.

Cheers!

PS, don’t just look for bolt-on parts. I found it more rewarding when I came up with something new. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, I can’t help but to remember feeling this way for a long time. I finally realized that I was spending way too much time thinking about my car. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of modifying and re-engineering things for my machine. I found that once I stopped with the car, I moved on to the computer, house, motorcycle, and other gadgets. I hope you’re not as afflicted with this as I am, but I have a philosophical understanding of why I do this. I know how to feed it and how to feel accomplished. Good luck with your project!

I'll give you some advice that may help give you some direction. Find the top 3 things that bother you or don't make sense about your car, then start there (looks, handling, performance, comfort, technology integration, mileage, efficiency, etc..). Research possibilities, weigh in the benefits and draw backs and then you will find your direction.

Cheers!

PS, don’t just look for bolt-on parts. I found it more rewarding when I came up with something new. Just my 2 cents.
Holy SH*T, I didnt know you were around here still!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Feel glad, picture being in my spot with an all stock Mustang GT, pretty much every website you visit has cheap upgrades and all I want to do is keep it stock until I can hit the track in the spring for baseline runs

Holding back from ordering a garage full of stuff is killing me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haha yeah, thats how I am with my GP GTP. I just wanted to do a few mods, and then once you feel the thrill it just keeps going and going!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts