DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of them? I've been seriously considering getting one, however, I've heard a lot of cons to them. Personally, I want one for looks + to cover up some (well, quite a few, but only noticable from up close) rock chips on my sapphire blue paint on the hood.

Some cons I've heard:

Causes rust
If debris gets under the bra, causes even more damage to the hood than without
etc, etc...

I'd just like to get more input before I make the choice to get one or not... thanks.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i have one. it will leave scratches after a while. its just inevitable. dirt gets in their between the cover, especiallty on the edges, and rubs the paint. not badly, just some scuffed clear coat on my fenders. + if you leave it on all the time the nose will not be exposed to the same uv rays and the car paint will lighten but underneather bra it will not. so that can happen. i think your ok if you use it only for occasional long trips to keep bugs off. or i n the summer in nice weather but take it off to clean it frequently or after it rains to let ity dry off. i usually like to rock just the top part the goes on the hood in the summer, i like how it looks.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I personally like a full bra on some cars and some colors.... I have the Mopar bra for my white '99, and I leave it on most of the time. I do keep it clean and waxed, so the scuffing is minimal. I also use it like you had mentioned...to hide the defects in the nose from road debris and such. The nose of my Trep is BADLY pitted, so I keep the bra on there to keep that hidden! :biggrin:

Keep it clean, dry and waxed, and you'll have no problem.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Probably only need one if the car is a "C" cup or bigger

:p

AJ

·
Registered
750 Posts
i jsut thought i would post this not to scare ya jsut my experience i got the intrepid mask for mine and it was on for 2 months well when i took it off there is discoloration in the paint. Now i havent heard of this from anyone else so maybe my hood was repainted and its jsut a bad job or the color mine was candy apple red. has anyone else had this problem? seemed to quick so im sure it was my hood in particualr

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
After reading this, i decided to pick one up off the hood bra's on ebay for 35 shipped. Just thought i need something to cover up the chips n scratches.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
buffalo r/t said:
i have one. it will leave scratches after a while. its just inevitable. dirt gets in their between the cover, especiallty on the edges, and rubs the paint.
Yup... the Mopar nose bra I ran over the winter left pretty noticable edge marks on the fenders. I'm not sure yet whether they're too deep to buff out. :crying:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts