DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the requirments to start a official car club ?
so i can copyright the club name also do official meets close a section of a parking lot or a park to hold the meets car shows
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,362 Posts
lvslimsdodge said:
what are the requirments to start a official car club ?
so i can copyright the club name also do official meets close a section of a parking lot or a park to hold the meets car shows
there are no official requirements...
To copyright a name however you must apply through the US copyrights office. Very few car clubs i know do this however. The most important part of starting a club is getting your name on the map. If you have 5 friends with worthy cars, it would be best to form a club together. The start going to shows, have business cards made and just mingle. Getting your name out is clutch to being recognized. My club is already beginning out plans for hosting a show in the summer 05. For borrowing space in a lot you'll have to get permission of the store owner and possibly the town you live in. There will also be permits required for noise levels, insurance required for use of the land, and a number of other things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
there are no official requirements...
To copyright a name however you must apply through the US copyrights office. Very few car clubs i know do this however. The most important part of starting a club is getting your name on the map. If you have 5 friends with worthy cars, it would be best to form a club together. The start going to shows, have business cards made and just mingle. Getting your name out is clutch to being recognized. My club is already beginning out plans for hosting a show in the summer 05. For borrowing space in a lot you'll have to get permission of the store owner and possibly the town you live in. There will also be permits required for noise levels, insurance required for use of the land, and a number of other things.

SideFX Customs...Cincinnati OH Celebrating 10 years of excellence
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
noo i was told by a vette member i have to have a busniess license to hold car shows in parking lots and hold charity events you know like car washes and money donated goes to help someone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,718 Posts
lvslimsdodge said:
noo i was told by a vette member i have to have a busniess license to hold car shows in parking lots and hold charity events you know like car washes and money donated goes to help someone
So why are you asking us that question if you already know the answer? :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,362 Posts
to have shows you will likely need the following things:
permission from the business whos lot you are using
permission from the township to hold the event.
permission from the police department and permits for amount of people / noise level.
insurance for the event (it is likely that the business will not cover the cost)

it is possible that you will need other licenses and permits as well. but that will be up to the town you live in.

My club meets weekly at a park so obviously we dont pay anything for our weekly meetings. But we are already planning a show next season using a fire hall's parking lot which we've had to pay for and provide our own insurance as well as file all the proper permits with the township.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,099 Posts
lvslimsdodge said:
noo i was told by a vette member i have to have a busniess license to hold car shows in parking lots and hold charity events you know like car washes and money donated goes to help someone
DI.Net has many meets and shows throught the year across the country. Some small, some big (like the DI.Net Intl meet). We do not have any business license, and the only permission we get is from the business owner where we hold the meet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,971 Posts
Hey dude sup counting down the days till i get the trep back im at 8, we still going to have that meeting on the 12th, o and we going to meet before so i can get my intake cuz im making bank at the moment and i dont think its going to last long so we need to meet



Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,155 Posts
Intrepid99 said:
DI.Net has many meets and shows throught the year across the country. Some small, some big (like the DI.Net Intl meet). We do not have any business license, and the only permission we get is from the business owner where we hold the meet.
the people at strats are just so damn cool though!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so like its not realy gonna be a show its more of a meetin and lookin at some cars i wounder if sams town casino would kick us out i guess wed have to find a park
any ideas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts
Well the way we do it on the southside of chicago is we all show up and shut down the ****ing streets...thats right hundreds of people all in cars and **** and we shut down south chicago!! thats right the whole street...you will see girl in thongs on motorcycles, SUV's with tvs and sounds...lowriders with hydros, and the occasional street racers...cops just sit back and make sure the GD's and Stone's don't start shooting and that nobody gets raped...

But for you meet it seems smaller i reccomend a park...thats another thing we do on the southside of chicago...just go a park's parking lot because the parkin is free and you dont ever have to leave and then you can barbeuque in the grass!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,362 Posts
i believe he's also looking to do it the legal way.
Hell, any large town has a "Race Scene." In philly we have 3 solid spots that we rotate until police show up. And then we scatter and meet up at the next place. But if you get caught, dont plan on having a license any longer. Most towns wont let you get away with these kinds of things even if you claim you're just meeting up to show off a bit.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i want to do it all legal way and there is some parks out here some u dont want to be at with the ride ur rollin in even if its in the middle of the day so hey 00 trepid ill hhit u up we should plan this for a park meet that would be cool cause no cops could realy **** with us its a public park
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top