DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My intrepid died unexpectedly out of the blue.
my code reader came up with P0304 which is the cam position sensor.
I changed it out.
Still it will not start. Won't even fire a little.
Put the OBD reader back on, still blowing P0304
WTF?
I do not see any visible damage to any of its wiring leading to the sensor itself, and it is a brand new sensor....:wtf:

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
The standard response is to ALWAYS use the OEM sensor for the cam and crankshaft.

So did you use an OEM sensor or an aftermarket one?

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
thing to remember is the cam and crank sensor work on the same line, so maybe the crank sensor has crapped the bed,, also,, you dont mention what engine you have if its a 3.5,, maybe look at the timing belt./

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am using a cheap aftermarket code reader. OBD II.
When looking online however, I see there is a code for the crank position sensor, different than the code for the cam position sensor.
Kinda assumed if it was the crank sensor, that I would blow the code for that, as well as the code for the cam sensor.
I do not have the capabilities, with my car being outside, to dig deep enough into the motor to look at the timing belt.
Do you guys suggest i change the crank sensor anyway? It is a 50.00 part. just do not want to spend the money, if I do not need to.

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
You should be able to pull the inspection cover off one of the heads enough to see inside.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
well, if the belt was broke it should be wheeling over with an unfamiliar sound, like a few cylinders are missing compression.
that could set a cam code and not crank, since the crank is working, but not the cams.
and cause a sudden no start condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts