DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving along today, went to turn into my addition, car died, wheel goes stiff and the cruise light comes on. It started up just fine and got me home. Could this be a bad crank sensor, it's been running rough for awhile now.

·
Banned
338 Posts
had thsi happen to the wifes trep. it was right after I washed the engine. It was so bad that I ened up unplugging the cruise module under the hood. fixed the problem.

After the engine and the cruise module dried out I plugged it in and it works fine.

So, try unplugging the cruise the next time it does it to you.

AJ

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
If the above doesn't work, the cruise light also lets you know that the timing is off. The cruise light will flash if the timing is off. Since you didn't say that it was flashing, I would think it may just be a bad Cam Sensor. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strongt said:
If the above doesn't work, the cruise light also lets you know that the timing is off. The cruise light will flash if the timing is off. Since you didn't say that it was flashing, I would think it may just be a bad Cam Sensor. Just my two cents.
Cam sensor, not crank?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Ryan D. said:
Cam sensor, not crank?
Cam Sensor, because thats how the PCM knows the position of the cam's so the PCM knows that timing of the engine. Yes, the Cam Sensor, and Crank do work together too, because the PCM needs to know the position of the crank also for the timing. But I'm betting on the Cam Sensor because just about everytime the timing is off ( like when the timing belt is about to broke, or skipped a tooth) The PCM lets you know through the Cruise Light. One question though, you said that the car has been running rough lately. And I know you just changed the timing belt awhile back. Do you think that maybe one of your Cams is off just alittle? I think there was a member that had that problem when he changed he's timing belt too. I'll do a search and see if I can find it for you. Maybe something else to think about also.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
LoL, after doing some searching you maybe right about the Crank Sensor. From what I can get, if the Cruise Light flashes then it's the timing or Cam Sensor. If the Cruise L Light stays on after the car dies then it is the Crank Sensor. Damn, now I'm starting to second guess myself. Have you check for any codes. If it was any of the sensor's that it should send a code to the PCM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.