DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oddly enough everything i know about cars i learned here. is there a good book or site that explains how cars work? Like explains the functions of each part and how they go together. With this site alone of done tons of repairs and work on my car, i just wish that i knew a little about how all the parts of a car work together so that i can troubleshoot some of my problems better.

thanks

·
Registered
931 Posts
thats kind of a broad question. if you want to start with the basics you can go here:
www.howstuffworks.com and look up how a car works. you can get everything from the 4 strokes of the engine, to suspension, steering, etc. also it wouldnt be a bad idea to get yourself a haynes manual at like autozone for your car they pretty much tear the car apart and start from scratch with pictures and step by step instructions.

also try this http://www.autoshop-online.com/auto101.html its a webpage that one of my teachers gave me.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Also check out Automotive Technology: A Systems Approach 4/e. ISBN: 1-4018-4831-1. It has quite a bit of information in there. Available at amazon.com if you're interested, but it is a bit pricey!

Edit: The link above will take you right to the book information at amazon.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts