DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, you may thnik it's silly, but I always name each car I've owned. Funny thing is, they've all had the same name..."Priscilla"

Anyone else name their car?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I named mine 'Kali'.

One, because it doesn't closely resemble any of my ex girlfriends names.

Two, because I never really hear the name 'Kali' too much for a girl. I knew one waaay back in high school (about a year ago, in fact).

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I named my first car, and that was the end of that tradition. My g/f still refers to it by the name we gave it.

No more names for any of my cars.

However, I do ocassionaly refer to my intrepid as "my baby" since I try to take really good care of it :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
I only named my first car. It was a 65 Mustang and it was a pile of ****. Its name was "You ****ing ****". I would commonly refer to it by name whilst punching and kicking it.

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: david2376 ]

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I share the same point of view as you, dodint. If I gave my car a name, it wouldn't be anything remotely trendy or even "hip", simply because it would imply that the car needs a flashy name to stand out in the crowd.

I haven't named my new Intrepid, but if I did, it would be something like "car". :)

And no, folks, I wouldn't name it after a guy I was interested in or even my boyfriend. :p

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
How's this for interconnectivity...

I was dating this girl named Jane. For those of you who are Star Trek fans, the captain of the USS Voyager is Katherin Janeway. Oh, and the USS Voyager is an Intrepid class starship. Whoa! So, according to her, my car was either named Jane or maybe Katherin. Since I'm no longer dating her I guess the debate is over. I have no name now. :(

But I thought that was pretty kewl. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Every car I ever owned had a name. The reason being is every car has a different personality. Some dont like cold, some hot, some you can rely on others not. And no one can say they havent talked to thier car at on point in time. Let it brake down on you in rush hour and I'm sure you will let her know. Well here's the names of former relationships I've had:
77 full size chevy: Ole Blue
84 Dodge Aries: Milly
84 monte carlo ss: The Beast
87 Dodge Charger: Tiff (short for Tiffany)
90 geo storm gsi: Rhonda (she was red)
and my current cars are:
95 intrepid es: patsy
81 bmw 520: Rita
I wont get into all thier personalities but each one had its own. :D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i currently call mine the "Stealth Cruiser" granted it's not so stealthy being flame red and all.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I just usually call my car "her" or "She".

As in, I need to go get in her so she can give me a ride;
I need to go give her a sponge bath(aka carwash), or
go take her bra off so i can clean it... etc... etc...

·
Registered
349 Posts
I haven't named mine either... mainly because most people use female names. I don't consider my car a female at all because I consider it a part of me... so if anything, i'd call it something like "mini-me", only I'm 1/8 the size of it, so that wouldn't work.

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: Bart ]

·
Registered
25 Posts
well I named mine after a character in an Anime cartoon.. the cartoon is called "Urotsikudoji" and in this anime there is a character who is supposed to destroy the planet before rebuilding it... I don't know how to spell it but it's name is the "Cho-jin" and since I used to call my car "The Beast" I figured a real name "cho jin" would be more appropriate... big destroyer ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts