DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

Keep the Car of The Month contest?

• Yes

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the waning interest in the Car Of The Month contest, we have decided to put it to a vote to the membership whether or not to keep it going.

Each month, we've had less and less nominations for the contest, and that makes it much more difficult to keep it up. Based on the results of this poll, the contest will either be shut down, or we will rekindle it, but we will need the memberships support in monthly nominations.

Please vote and feel free to discuss any suggestions or options you can think of.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I vote no. It's old, worn out and really it serves no real purpose anymore. It was special back in the day...but with the smaller crowds we have (it has been large than a year ago I admit), its pretty much a dead horse.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Why not have a COTM where instead of nominating members, its more like a monthly photo contest. Anyone who wants to participate in COTM must take photos of their car during the period of the contest (month before), then the submissions get put to a vote by the membership a week before the month ends. Seems more fun to me, and we'd get new photos to look at .

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
i think a way that might help get more voters. is send out a mass email and ask for nominations. there are some people who are on every day that dont know what all goes on here.
That is not a good idea. If people are like me and have a separate account that they use for forums and signing up for crap that they don't want mucking up there normal mailbox...they are not gonna get it...I check my crap e-mail address maybe twice a year...

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just FTR, Mass PMs and large print threads have been sent out on many occasions with little or no response.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
The current contest is not attracting at all. Kimura's idea is cool and what not, but look at LHF..they have the same contest he is talking about it and it barely gets any hits. Plus, with all the photo editiing software out there it takes the fun of it. again... :beat:

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
That is not a good idea. If people are like me and have a separate account that they use for forums and signing up for crap that they don't want mucking up there normal mailbox...they are not gonna get it...I check my crap e-mail address maybe twice a year...
yea sorry ment PM

Just FTR, Mass PMs and large print threads have been sent out on many occasions with little or no response.
did they? oh sorry.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Maybe have something quarterly or something. Because, pretty much whoever on here and has a car worth mentioning as already won it once before, others a few times over.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Maybe have something quarterly or something. Because, pretty much whoever on here and has a car worth mentioning as already won it once before, others a few times over.
:sneaky2: lol

I haven't won it, nor do I really care if I win or not. I just haven't put in enough into my car as some of you crazies. :D

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I really wish people that voted would comment on why they did so...I really want to see what people think about this.

Everyone knows how I voted..lol

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
The current contest is not attracting at all. Kimura's idea is cool and what not, but look at LHF..they have the same contest he is talking about it and it barely gets any hits. Plus, with all the photo editiing software out there it takes the fun of it. again... :beat:
I think what you are thinking of it the Pic of the Month. where there is a theme each month and the members car must be in the picture. I think what he is talking about is like that just without the theme. I think that is a good idea.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I think what you are thinking of it the Pic of the Month. where there is a theme each month and the members car must be in the picture. I think what he is talking about is like that just without the theme. I think that is a good idea.
Really?

Do we really need to have a contest monthly to show off one's car? I personally agree with Steph. Have it quarterly or twice a year. Not enough people do mods and what not monthly to be able to have a real case to give out the award every month.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the idea, but the big question is how many people will participate. That is much more work than just nominating and voting.

Also, there would have to be rules against using photo editing software.

There wont be anything quarterly. It is either all or nothing.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I like the idea, but the big question is how many people will participate. That is much more work than just nominating and voting.

Also, there would have to be rules against using photo editing software.

There wont be anything quarterly. It is either all or nothing.
Question Dan...how many average votes are you getting for the contest? Nominations?

For the picture thing you can pretty much count me out...when was the last time I updated my car sig. heh...exactly.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Question Dan...how many average votes are you getting for the contest? Nominations?

For the picture thing you can pretty much count me out...when was the last time I updated my car sig. heh...exactly.
We are lucky to get 3-4 nominations the last couple months. The staff has been nominating to help make up for it and try to get the contest going.

Votes, average about 20. If only we got that many nominations each month.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
We are lucky to get 3-4 nominations the last couple months. The staff has been nominating to help make up for it and try to get the contest going.

Votes, average about 20. If only we got that many nominations each month.
What I highlighted in bold above pretty much states the current health of the contest...

:sadbye:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts