DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

This past week I took a trip to visit the law campus there. The campus is remodeling their parking lot, so students were parking on the side of the street. I drove around for maybe 20 minutes looking for a decent place to park. I came across little parking lot full of parking spaces that belonged to a church.

I parked there, and looked at the other cars parked next to me & couldn't find any stickers or anything to signal they have a right to park there. Needless to say after a few hours of touring the campus, I find my car towed.

So after paying $185, I have my car back. The only thing that gets me is how they were able to tow my car when the parking brake is enabled? I asked, and the tow guy said he disabled the cable underneath the car?

Either way, I detect no damage to the parking brake, nor to the car. But is there anything I should look for to see in case they did something? Just my luck.......my first time in Houston & this happens. Oh well, I like the campus, found a potential apartment, and the city seems to offer more than I could ever want.

·
Registered
467 Posts
put the car in gear. depress parking brake. does the car move?

if not, the brake is fine, needs no adjustment.

normally, when a automatic is towed, you have to be very careful to disconnect the driveshaft in a RWD car. you don't have this problem.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
95PGTTech said:
put the car in gear. depress parking brake. does the car move?

if not, the brake is fine, needs no adjustment.

normally, when a automatic is towed, you have to be very careful to disconnect the driveshaft in a RWD car. you don't have this problem.
his problem is he had the parking break on when he left the trep. thy twed by picking up the front.

driver said he disengaged parking brake to tow, he can find anything undone

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I engaged the parking brake, and the car does not move. I always use the parking brake prior to shifting to park or drive so the shifting is smooth. As of now, the shifting is still smooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts