DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
lb for lb, its stronger than steel. It's also hella-light.
Anything that holds hydrogen under pressure is made of it, because if it blows, CF doesnt send shrapnel everywhere like steel does; it just splits.

People also like it for it's weave look. I personaly don't like plain patterns, I like twill weaves that give off a kind of 3D look. They come in many styles and weave patterns, and also colours. Kevlar can also be added for extra durability and/or colour.

Either ya like it for it's superiour statistics over steel, or you like it for looks. Or both!
It's the wonder fabric of the futur!

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I heard from a supplier that because of the war, Carbon Fiber is hard to get ahold of anymore and that a lot of companies are going to be charging an arm and a leg for parts.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
I heard from a supplier that because of the war, Carbon Fiber is hard to get ahold of anymore and that a lot of companies are going to be charging an arm and a leg for parts.
Not sure how true the "because of the war" part is but that is true, prices went up a ton

Last year I bought a sheet for $50, this summer I went to order the same piece from the same vendor and it was $85

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I like the look. :)

I have...
-Red carbon fiber (real) dash trim kit
-Black carbon fiber center on my PG amp
-Black carbon fiber center on my Enkei rims
-Black carbon fiber (only vinyl for now) on the outside B and C pillar panels (the black trim)
-Black carbon fiber license plate trim

Use to have...
-Black carbon fiber "DodgeIntrepid.net" decals (changed to blue)
-Black carbon fiber PIAA wipers

Have but not installed...
-Black carbon fiber cluster trim plate

:D

Although I do admit that the PG amp and Enkei rims were not planned that way. It worked out nicely though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts