DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Very nice find big guy......I would like to run one of these on my car but I bought it with 15 miles on it brand new.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Woo hoo! I ran the report for my Spirit because I know my Trep was a one owner vehicle. I found out my car was originally titled in San Diego, CA and was there until around 24K. Then it made its way to upstate PA for a while. Then it moved on to western New York. Then I got it and titled it in PA and finally WI.

That is a lot of moving around for one car.

Now I know why it hates winter, it wants to go back to warm and sunny San Diego. :D

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Sweet! One previous owner from Virginia. No problems at all!!! Yippee!! :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Wow my car was a rental in hawaii. Kind cool i guess but, not cool that is was a rental:(

PHIL

·
Banned
128 Posts
Well, mine was a rental too. Dollar Rental Car registered in Oklahoma. Other than buying a car with over the "normal" milage for a car a year old, I don't worry too much about it. I've owned 3 rental cars in the past and never had any problems with any of them. I do believe that they are maintained well and I don't believe that the majority of renters "beat" on the cars. When I bought directly through AVIS, they supplied all the maintenance records and they seemed to service the cars every 3,000 - 4,000 miles. I would think all the "major" chains would do the same.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Wow, alot of rentals so far. That sucks. As long as there is no evidence of abuse, then I guess that I'd be happy too.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Please I don't go out of my way to beat a rental but I also don't go out my way to baby it either .... whatever "rental" miles your car has are very hard miles I can guarantee you that.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
mine was a rental too. i bought this for a month last year when i found the trep. i wanted to see if my insurance was lying to me when the told me the car would have a clean title if i got it fixed after it was vandilized. well the insurance was trustworthy and it's still clear!!! YAY!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
mine said it was in a head on collision with a light or telephone pole 4 months before I bought it. the dealer never told me of this and no evidence of it. the accident was in my town and the car was supposedly bought at action from another part of the state. it is also funny that at the same time a friend totaled my truck in my town by hitting a telephone pole. I have to wait till monday to get this cleared up. I think they somehow have the info from my previous vehicle mixed up with this. are they not supposed to go by vin # not plate # as I have the plate from the other vehicle on my intrepid now?

·
Registered
45 Posts
hainnawho

good score ..thanx

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My car has traveled about 20 miles from where it was first purchased

07/07/1993 149 Missouri
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Union, MO
Title #AS762357
Title issued
First owner reported

12/30/1996 31,828 Missouri
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Washington, MO
Title #TE437983
Title issued
First lien reported

It was bought brand new in Union Missouri at Barreth chrysler, then at 31,821 it was traded in, and the dealership sold it to the guy that I bought it from, who had it from 31,821 miles until 190,000 when he sold it to me... I have every receipt of any repairs dont to the car since he owned it, it was just a horrible bit of luck the engine crapped out 10 hours after I bought her, but she'll have a brand spankin new engine in in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Nice find...always wondered if an accident I had with my Explorer would show up...$7K damage to the front end...no sign of it on car fax...completely clean.

Happenned within the first 6 months of owning the car...was fixed well...have had no lingering problems and it is now 5 years later.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I payed for a carfax report before I bought the car, but I cant think of a vehicle to do the check on adn I didnt want to waste it...

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you have a router and play with the static IP settings and delete all the temporary internet files from that site you can check as many as you want. Checked all four of my cars. Checked my 95 berretta that sits on the side of my house after being totaled out by the insurance company, Carfax shows no accidents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts