DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is the time to release the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals food menu for our 2012 meet. Lindsey has graciously volunteered to head up the menu and food preparation for this coming year. Managing this from MA will certainly be a large undertaking and I think I speak for everyone in the club when I say thank you for taking on the challenge of feeding our group. We look forward to delicious, home cooked meals!

The $25 non-club member price is what everyone was charged last year so that has not changed. We are offering a small discount to our current members.

Non-Club Member Price: $25 per person
Showfield Payment : $35 per person

Please make your payments through PayPal to [email protected]
Please send the payment as a gift so the club saves on the PayPal fees. You can put "Carlisle food" in the comments field.
You can also mail a check if you do not use PayPal, please PM me for the address.

Organizing the food for this event is going to take a lot of planning and I would ask that everyone pay as soon as they can. We have a budget and some shrewd shopping is going to need to happen for us to stay under it. We strongly urge everyone to sign up and pay ahead of time, while we will accept payment of $35 at the show field there will be minimal excess food made. We are cooking the meals from 7 hours away and really need an accurate count ahead of time to be more accurate.

Having the opportunity to eat breakfast and lunch for 3 days at this price is hard to beat. I was at Carlisle a couple weekends ago and spent more than that for one days lunch.

Thursday:

Dinner: As in past years, anyone who arrives Thursday night is welcome to participate in dinner. The last few years we’ve gone to Five Guys Burgers and Fries (4810 Carlisle Pike Mechanicsburg, PA 17050).

Friday:

8:30am Breakfast: Bagels
Muffins
Croissants
Cereal
Fresh Fruit
12:30pm Lunch: Meatball Subs
Baked Ziti
Caprese Salad
Garlic Bread
Dinner: There are a number of restaurants to eat at in the area and as in the past, the group is welcome to split up or eat together.

Saturday: M&M Theme Day

8:30am Breakfast: M&M & Plain Pancakes
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Fresh Fruit
12:30pm Lunch: Cheese, Pepperoni, Veggie, & White Pizzas
Garden Salad
Potato Salad
6:30pm Dinner: The Fire House Restaurant for Club Dinner (Not paid by club)
(http://www.thefirehouserestaurant.com)

Sunday:

Breakfast: Hotel’s free continental breakfast
Baked goods will be provided at the show field
12:30pm Lunch: Burgers
Hot Dogs
Pasta Salad
Taco Salad
Deviled Eggs

Snacks, Dessert and Drinks:

There will also be a variety of snacks, desserts, soda, and water available.

Please bring your own alcoholic beverages.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Everyone is welcome, It will save you some money for sure. I ate one meal at on the Field at a vendor last year and it cost me about $20. This is 3 days of 2 meals (6 meals) for $25 plus drinks....the Club doesn't make money from this.....the Club actually supplements the feasting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else want to participate in the food?

I believe our tents will be close to each other this year and our cars are hopefully going to be back to back.

It should be easy for people to stop by and grab some food.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
sounds like a plan. ill get signed up and get you paid as soon as possible

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Please add your name to the list once you have paid!

1. Hank Mnitetrain
2. STRMVT
3. TREPNICIAN (Craig)

·
Registered
6,638 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone else?

I am having second thoughts about taking payment at the showfield. Planning the meal from far away is not going to allow for a lot of extras.

We are leaning towards making this coming weekend the cutoff for payment so we can plan quantities.

Hopefully that doe not make it difficult on anyone, the meals are going to be great, we just don't want to be wasteful with food or your money.

Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going to be hades hot. You'd spend this on drinks one day alone!!

Jump on it if you haven't.
The weather forecast is calling for mid 90 degree temperatures.

I will be taking food payments through the weekend. I think a couple of you guys have not signed up. Like Hank said you will spend the money in drinks alone.

We have already started buying stuff and will be cooking next week, jump on board if you want to.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
The weather forecast is calling for mid 90 degree temperatures.

I will be taking food payments through the weekend. I think a couple of you guys have not signed up. Like Hank said you will spend the money in drinks alone.

We have already started buying stuff and will be cooking next week, jump on board if you want to.
Ill try to send the payment this weekend. Is there anyway I can pay personally come Friday at Carlisle?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ill try to send the payment this weekend. Is there anyway I can pay personally come Friday at Carlisle?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App
We are buying the food ahead of time, I can cover you till Friday at the showfield as long as you guarantee that you will pay me back.

Let me know if that works and I will add you to the list. The most important thing is accounting for everyone that is eating so we have enough food.

We are currently at 30 people participating and there are still a few more payments coming in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts