DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1027 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my DI.net friends.

I am wanting to plan out for Carlisle 07. But i was wondering from some of you that went last year, whats the normal routine if any? Does everyone try to get rooms at the same hotel? How does the carshow go? Do we show our cars all 3 days? Do we leave them there or do we bring them out each day, sorry I did look at he carlisle page, nothing mentioned. Just needing some clarification on how it works. Thanks in advance!

Tiger

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
We usually try to stick to one hotel to get discounts, we drive to the field each day. Some people show all 3 days, some just friday and saturday, all depends on personal preferance. As far as the show itself, you park, and proceed to hang out and enjoy it. Check out other cars, maybe help someone get some last minute work done, whatever. It's pretty laid back, and an EXCELLENT time. As far as the members of this website go, this is the show that ALWAYS brings the biggest turnout of our membership.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IntrepidBus IV said:
Holy long distance award recipient in the works! Hope you make it!
you aint kidding, just looked it up.

Start -Tucson, AZ 85711, US Revise | New Directions

End- Carlisle, PA US Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time: 34 hours, 10 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 2315.96 miles

But from the sounds of it, it will be worth it, looking forward to meeting some friends and checking out all the cars.

Tiger

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Sweet, I really wanted to see the 2-tone in person but figured with you being so far away I'd never get the chance. From what I've seen and heard so far it looks like we're going to have quite a few people there.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
In another month or so we'll start up a sub forum dedicated to Carlisle. In keeping with tradition, Im sure this year will be bigger and better than those past.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
HOLY **** 34 hours. I guess I shouldn't complain about the 8 hour drive from my place huh?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
To add to what Derek said, Carlisle is like a huge family reunion and a car show combined! It sounded like you wanted a literal rundown, so I'll do my best!

People start showing up during the week, as early as Tuesday, attempting to ruin Brucie's marriage.
Everyone crash's at the same hotel, as we will block off a section of the one we've come to love. We set up threads as it gets closer for people to start setting up their roomates and whatnot.

I guess you could say the "norm", at least for me and Gaze and a few other veterans is to get out there by Thursday and we set up at the hotel, (and by set up, I mean take over!)

Thursday during the day is spent collecting booze, washing cars, showing off your newest mod, and helping one another install new stuff. Then we just party all night and have a grand old time! Gaze, Mobbdeep and I have the corner back room with Mav and Justin and whoever else they want this year sharing a wall and we host the par-tay!

Friday we wake up early, sometimes washing the car again, and then head to the fairgrounds to set up. You can purchase a meal package ahead of time from the 300M ladies, which is the best deal in town! And eat til your heart's content on the fairgrounds all weekend! Friday is spent wandering the grounds, checking out cars and the swap meet. A lot of people go to the drag races on Friday night, and the rest go back to the hotel to continue the party.

Saturday is the BIG day! Back to the fairgrounds bright and early for the judging day! We eat, we laugh, we cry... Just kidding! No one cries, although this year we might because of the beautiful wedding that will be taking place between Bimmer and his lovely Mel! So Saturday, we have the main show going on where everyone at Carlisle who has entered a car may judge the whole showfield, and the wedding. Usually we will have our Club show that day too. Where the 300M guys will vote for our cars (and vice versa) and then we will have an award ceremony. The day of this might have to be changed because with the wedding this year I doubt we'll have time Saturday.
Then as you can guess it, Saturday night we party some more! But first we get all cleaned up and go out to dinner!

Sunday is what you make of it. A lot of people don't go back to the fairgrounds, but if you place in the Carlisle Show you should head back to drive your car in the parade. The ladies of 300M will have breakfast and lunch again, and we usually leave around 1 or 2 and head home!

As for leaving your car on the fairgrounds, a handful of people do this every year. I'd say most don't, but there's always plenty of people who you can catch a ride with if you decide to leave it there.

I hope this rundown gives you a good idea of what to expect! Its really a great time for EVERYONE. This is my 4th Carlisle and its definitely something to look forward to!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
haha man i cant wait already!!! Jen justtogive you a reminder cause i know we talked about it last year but, just wanted to point out i could help out with the trophies this year if you want, i know u and pat already have a bunch to do. i could look into t-shirts too because i think this place does them as well but its up to you, u two do so awsome every year. BTW wheres kenny? lol that SOB said he was gonna take charge...yet again.... lol. and ive still got the number for the hotel when we wanna get that started...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Damn and I was thinking my drive was bad! I hope you have someone to talk to on the way cuz it can get boring ;). This is the 3rd time I would be going and I will say it is definately worth it! I would also like to add that this is probably one of the cheapest vacations/tirps that I have ever had. Especially with the 300m people providing the food! Just as long as you don't buy to many car products/parts while there :p. Not only do you get to see the intrepids and 300ms but also the hundreds and hundreds of other cars there!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
We should be able to do the judging like usual as the wedding is planned for 11 am on saturday.....but I'll let Mel. take care of that and will tell her to put updates when she'll have them.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Seb: Yea, the reason I don't think it will work out to keep the DI.net show on Saturday is cuz it takes A LOT of time getting everyone registered and the money collected. This past year I never even got a chance to walk around the showfield to check out the cars because organizing our show took so much time. So having the wedding to produce, I just don't see how its possible.

UNLESS::: Here's the way I think it will work to have it on Saturday. While I'm off with my bride getting her ready, I would need a very trusty seasoned Vet to take care of registration. Maybe Curt or Kenny or Justin... They have a good idea of what needs to be done. Then they can be doing that in the morning time before the ceremony. Then we can have the wedding at 11, ends by 12ish... then we all eat, say that's done by 1 or so. Then judging can take place for an hour or so then awards. Yes I do suppose that we can do the DI.net show on Saturday also, I just have to give up my job of registration... *tear*tear* I think I can be willing to do that for you and Mel!

Curt- I definitely remember you offering to help, and it will be much needed. At this point I am graduated and not working yet :( Pat will be finished in June and starting a job so I don't see how either of us will have any money to front for T shirts or trophees this year.

I also remember Veeborg Tim saying he could help with the financial aspects of it, so you might want to talk to him. I'm sure Pat would give you the sites he used in the past for trophees if needed and I don't mind helping with info on the shirts also. A small request, I loved having the tank tops last year so let's see if we can get the girls tanks again! All the printers did was use the screen from the front of the t shirt image and print it on tanks.

Let me know if you need anything from me, and consider the Trophees and T shirts officially yours to control! (Or at least not mine and Pat's!) lol

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
lol no problem, i have a shop in town here we use for our local car club that ive gotten trophies for before, so trophies wont be a problem and our Fire Dept. has used them for t-shirts. i have off on friday so i'll mosey on over there and get some info and stuff for the shirts. i should be pretty well with the money to front it since my college schedule is still letting me work 4 days a week during the school year and i'm full time in the summer which is when Carlisle will be here. And i can def. give you a hand with the registration on sat. morning if need be. idk who's going to run the hotel end, i'll try and get a hold of kenny cause he did pretty good with them last year.

1 - 20 of 1027 Posts