DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..Im 17..and I am definitley going to Carlisle this year..but i have a few questions

1. Can I compete/show my car?

2.Are all chryslers together.

3. Can I park where you guys park or will it be Dodge intrepids here..chrysler concordes here?

4.That $35 somethin to register..what am i registering for?

5.Are there hotels near there..and if so will it be hard to get a room..should i get a room now?

6.Anyone from SC,NC,Georgia wanna travel up there with me?

any more help would be appreciated..what to expect etc..

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
1. Can I compete/show my car?
Yes. Anyone who registers is signed up for all 3 days on the show field. Upon arival on Firday or Saturday you will get your registration packet with a sticker you put on your car so the judges know your class and can your car will be judged on Saturday. We also host our own mini-show with trophies just for the club.

2.Are all chryslers together.
It's the Chrysler All Carlisle Nationals so therefore the only cars there are chryslers. We will be parked according to class. We are usually paired with the other FWD cars.

3. Can I park where you guys park or will it be Dodge intrepids here..chrysler concordes here?
You will be classed with the 300m's most likely, but we park right next to one another so it doesnt really make much of a difference.

4.That $35 somethin to register..what am i registering for?
You will be registering for all 3 days of the show at the fairgrounds. This gets you a pass for yourself and one guest for all 3 days, and a giveaway bag once you sign in.

5.Are there hotels near there..and if so will it be hard to get a room..should i get a room now?
If you read through the threads carefully you will know that rooms are very scarce in the town itself and the best place to look is Harrisburg. We have blocked off rooms in the Best Western in Harrisburg already and i suggest you read the hotels thread to get some more detailed information on that.

6.Anyone from SC,NC,Georgia wanna travel up there with me?
Cant help you, im from Philly. But we've had people travel from Florida, Canada and everywhere inbetween in the past years so i would imagine you'll find someone.

Most of these questions and other information can be found at www.carsatcarlisle.com or in the threads we've already started in this section. Its going to be a very well planned out event this year.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
You will be classed with the 300m's most likely, but we park right next to one another so it doesnt really make much of a difference.

pat, i think with the di.net class, they will let him park with us as long as he registers with the club.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I have always been curious how we should handle the Concorde/LHS cars. Obviously since we park next to each other the location kinda doesn't matter. If we have way more intrepids than 300Ms we can put the Concorde/LHS cars with the 300Ms and vice versa. Ideally it seems to me that the 1998-2001 Concorde is more like the Intrepid while the LHS and the 2002-2004 Concorde is a bit more like the 300M. As far as club memberships many of us are members of both clubs.

I any case we are going to rock out and have a great time.

I am in the DC area and if I can roll with you for the last part of your ride I would be happy to do so.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be cool Scruggs..meet you in Dc..

Also what about Rims..will you guys be drivin there with them on..or drivin with your stocks on and puttin rims on when u get there.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I always drive with them on. Even every day to work. I will bring my slicks with me for Friday night drag racing of course.

Everyone's doin' the 1320' dance!

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Maverick9110E said:
looks like were gonna have a huge tunrout this year, gonna be awsome.
i may go...it all depends on whether or not i take summer classes though...if i do, i won't head up there, but i havent decided yet. I also need to figure out how i'm gonna get the duster up there without it costing me $$$$$$$$$ in gas....1100 miles on (hopefully) 10mpg will cost me a pretty penny. maybe i'll just throw it on the trailer...it wont be a show car by then, but it will run damn good ;)

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
340duster said:
i may go...it all depends on whether or not i take summer classes though...if i do, i won't head up there, but i havent decided yet. I also need to figure out how i'm gonna get the duster up there without it costing me $$$$$$$$$ in gas....1100 miles on (hopefully) 10mpg will cost me a pretty penny. maybe i'll just throw it on the trailer...it wont be a show car by then, but it will run damn good ;)
I wanna see this badly!!!! :bouncgrin

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
you have pictures of it??

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Nice :fun_08: Now, I wanna see this @ Carlisle for sure :flame:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well, i am still planning on going to carlisle, but im not sure how it will happen. I am about to buy another intrepid(a 1st gen) and i have many friends willing to ake the road trip with me, but the cost in gas for driving 2 vehicles is going to be horrible. The drive from anchorage to there is going to be a long trip and i plan on making some stops. Anyone who lives along the way that is going, let me know, so we can plan an Intrepid Caravan to carlisle...as many as possible.
I am not sure if i am going to cut straight threw canada, or head south first to wash.... but either way, anyone interested in cruisin with us is more then welcome.
Another worry of mine is i dont want to register and reserve a hotel in case somthing unexpected comes up, like the lack of funds for the trip, any suggestion on how i can get around this?
Let me know
Quenik

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
There is no deadline for registering with Carlisle. The price does go up after a certain date. (Roughly mid June I think.)

As far as the hotels go the 10 that DI.net has you would have to ask Curt (Maverick9110E) and Tim Steward (Timbo) on the 300M side. We obviously can share if one group is out and the other has rooms. With most hotel blocks we have to fill the rooms by a certain date before the event (usually 30 days) or they become available to the general public again.

If you have everything done by the end of May you should be fine.

One other thing that is important. The earlier we have 25 registered cars in each club with Carlisle the better the perks are for the clubs.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts