DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Carma is on my side

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  kevinbacon 
#1 ·
Today when I was heading to work I had to slam on my breaks. Next thing I know everyone ahead of me is going into the turning lane. When everyone got out of my way I saw this 70 year old guy trying the push a 1980 something towncar down the street. I go around and pull up to the gas station that was right there. I ran over and helped the guy push the car to the gas station. Almost didn't make it up the slope. I asked the guy what happen and he told me in a raspy voice "Vapor Lock". Then he asked to use my cell and I said sure. He used it and his son told him how to get the car starting again. Well this put my Carma up to par and good thing too. When I was driving home from work the streets are kinda flooded and visibility was almost 0. Everyone was driving with hazards and going 20 in a 45 zone. When on coming cars would go by it would blind me and the car would kick up water onto the windshield and all I would see is black until the wipers cleared the way letting me see the people ahead of me once again. I even staled out when water hit the battery causing a loss of power but the car started right up. My belts kept slipping and screaming. It's been raining like this for hours so I doubt pulling over and waiting for it to let up would of been a option. I even had a few people swerve into my lane from hydroplaning and had very close calls. My driver side mirror even clapped on another car's mirror. By time I pulled into my flooded neighborhood it let up to a fine mist. When I pulled up into the drive way my brakes didn't want to catch until the last second lol. I checked the mirror and it only took off a chunk of paint. Now if I didn't help that old man like so many other drivers that also didn't I bet I would of totaled the trep instantly.

See less See more
#6 ·
EagleESI said:
I help Peopel whenever I can, Regardless if I think I need karma,

Glad to know that atleast there some other ppl are the same man.

You just gain respect from me that is hard to get.

A+++
werd i do the same. :bigok:

#9 ·
Thats what I mean,

I know you didn't think, I know I will get something out of it.

I Could gain some MPG's if I was to removed all the freaking tools in my trunk, But, I know, that I use them (thankfully not on my car knock on wood) That and soon as I remove them I am quite sure my car will need them or A hot girl who is single would need help and I would be Tool less...LOL.

Just really Nice to see, that compassion, a Almost Lost human Trait is still here. Hell, Most of the Guys on here Have it. We just don't brag about it to often even when we deserve.

Props to Di.net Overall!!!!!!!!!

HoooRah.....

#11 · (Edited)
I remember some lady stalled out and was pushing her car by herself. I was on my way somewhere and didnt have that much time but after I thought about it I felt bad and thought I coulda helped and still had time. Next time I see somebody stalled out and pushing their car and even if its a little time. I'll tell you one thing though down here its hard to find anybody helping anyone out. Not saying I've never helped out anyone though I remember helping this one guy try starting a battery but that wasnt the problem.

#12 ·
I guess I am not alone - I always try and help out if I can.

Story:
The street I live on is off of a street that has railroad tracks right at the beginning.
I was supposed to be home earlier, but something put me behind schedule. I turned right to go over the RR tracks and had to go around a Sienna minivan stopped at the tracks. I look in my rear view about 100 yards further and notice the vans headlights haven't moved - odd. So I turned around at my street and go back. I stopped at the tracks and noticed the van actually has its front wheels on the tracks. I walk up and there is a late teens kid I guess at the wheel, and a van full of other people - and they are just sitting there(kinda looking clueless). I tell the kid to put it in neutral and I'll push you off the tracks. I also said to turn the wheel toward the shoulder(cause 30 feet backwards puts you in the middle of a 2 lane hwy). So I push the van off the tracks and it rolls down the little elevation the tracks are on and onto the shoulder of the hwy. As I am telling him to put the parking brake on to keep from rolling into the ditch he is next to I hear a train horn in the distance. As I glance in the direction of the train I ask myself "How close is my car to the tracks?!?!?" So I start running back to the Trep and as I cross over the tracks, the red lights, and the ding-dings start. I notice that the cross bar that drops over the road is dead centered on my hood. So I dive in and fire her up. As I put it Reverse, the bar starts dropping... I got out in plenty of time, but it was too close for comfort.
As clueless as the people in the van looked, I am not 100% sure they would have gotten out of the van when the train started coming. Much less think to push the van off the tracks.

I have actually had similar scenarios happen in the area I live in. Each time, something has happened out of the ordinary to put me in a certain place at a certain time.

I don't know about the karma stuff. And I don't do things expecting a return.
I think of it like this: If I never stop to help people, or let people out into traffic - etc, then I can't ever expect to have someone do it for me. I guess that is just a modern way to state the "golden rule".

Kudos to everyone who stops to help another

#14 ·
04IntrepidSXT said:
I guess I am not alone - I always try and help out if I can.

Story:
The street I live on is off of a street that has railroad tracks right at the beginning.
I was supposed to be home earlier, but something put me behind schedule. I turned right to go over the RR tracks and had to go around a Sienna minivan stopped at the tracks. I look in my rear view about 100 yards further and notice the vans headlights haven't moved - odd. So I turned around at my street and go back. I stopped at the tracks and noticed the van actually has its front wheels on the tracks. I walk up and there is a late teens kid I guess at the wheel, and a van full of other people - and they are just sitting there(kinda looking clueless). I tell the kid to put it in neutral and I'll push you off the tracks. I also said to turn the wheel toward the shoulder(cause 30 feet backwards puts you in the middle of a 2 lane hwy). So I push the van off the tracks and it rolls down the little elevation the tracks are on and onto the shoulder of the hwy. As I am telling him to put the parking brake on to keep from rolling into the ditch he is next to I hear a train horn in the distance. As I glance in the direction of the train I ask myself "How close is my car to the tracks?!?!?" So I start running back to the Trep and as I cross over the tracks, the red lights, and the ding-dings start. I notice that the cross bar that drops over the road is dead centered on my hood. So I dive in and fire her up. As I put it Reverse, the bar starts dropping... I got out in plenty of time, but it was too close for comfort.
As clueless as the people in the van looked, I am not 100% sure they would have gotten out of the van when the train started coming. Much less think to push the van off the tracks.

I have actually had similar scenarios happen in the area I live in. Each time, something has happened out of the ordinary to put me in a certain place at a certain time.

I don't know about the karma stuff. And I don't do things expecting a return.
I think of it like this: If I never stop to help people, or let people out into traffic - etc, then I can't ever expect to have someone do it for me. I guess that is just a modern way to state the "golden rule".

Kudos to everyone who stops to help another
Thats one crazy story.

#16 ·
Theres so many times I have gotten out of my way to help people.

three years ago I was going down 295 and saw some pregnant girl that was about to drop trying to get a spare tire out of her trunk. I stopped and changed the tire for her.

Another time I stopped by work to get my paycheck and while I was there I talked to my friend patty and one of her customers that's always there asked me if I can change tires. Well funny thing is she couldn't remember where she parked but she knew it was on harlow so I drove up and down that road 10 times and found it on a side street. I changed the tire but two out of 5 studs broke. Every time she sees me she says "Heres the man with the plan!" Mostly because I had my breaker bar, tourcwrench, sockets and a heavy duty jack in my car at the time.

Out of all of those times they offered me money but I always decline it. It was the way I was brought up.

#17 ·
[Communicator7] Karma is on my side cause I used to beat the **** out of my girlfriend in inconspicuous places so that the marks won't show when she has clothes on, but I don't do that anymore so karma is on my side. [/Communicator7]

Some of you might get that, those of you who are fairly new won't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.