DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-carroll-shelby-20120511,0,7384989.story

Carroll Shelby, the charismatic Texan who parlayed a short-lived racing career into a specialized business building high-performance, street-legal cars, died Thursday. He was 89.

Shelby died at Baylor Hospital in Dallas, according to an announcement by his company, Carroll Shelby Licensing. A cause was not disclosed.

He led a colorful, outsized life that touched virtually every corner of the automotive world, said Leslie Kendall, curator of the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turned over the Daytona for the first time in a month, as a tribute to Carroll. She cranked right over started instantly and purred like an angry kitty. She feels it too. RIP Mr. Shelby, your Turbo Dodges haven't forgotten you, and neither will we.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I wish I still had my '87 GLHS Charger. I'm sure they just wen't up in value today. He was sure an icon to bad he didn't stay with Chrysler.

·
Registered
93 Posts
no doubt. The turbo dodges were always a bastard child in Shelby's catalog, but they were pretty sweet cars. :love: Can you imagine a Shelby Challenger? :glum:
Most people thought mine was a Mustang because of the Shelby name, and then their jaw would drop when they got beat by a little 2.2 Turbo Dodge. Someday I'd like to get a '89 CSX-VNT or another GLHS. I sure he would of done some big things to the Challenger like they did to the GT-500 Mustang

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Truly an innovator....he will be missed

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Rest In Peace

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm enjoying the 2.2 / TD talk!