DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped out cd/cass without cd changer......put in cassette with cd-c so I can use an ipac ipod interface.CD-C button is not doing anything.Am I missing a fuse for dc control or missing a wire to the radio?Stumped!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bad radio?

Maybe answering my own questin but will the radio do anything with the cdc button if there is nothing plugged in?Should it say no cd changer etc........Should i just try another radio?...the rbn i got has cd-c but car it was out of did not have a changer.

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
You do need a cable harness from the cd changer to head unit. There are two different basic cables to the head unit. 98-01 (&some 02) use a round connector, Most 02 + up will have the square rectangular connector. Connector on the changer itself is same throughout.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ipac interface comes with the proper cable...just wondering if i'm missing a wire to bcm or a fuse because I originally didn't have a cd capable radio....trying to get another radio to try......maybe this one's just a dud.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
If there is no CD changer (Or the IPAC Interface) present, the button is basically just something to play with and it will not show anything about there being no CD changer. You can press on the button all day long and have fun doing it, but it will not say NO CD CHANGER PRESENT.

It could be the IPAC interface that you got is bad and the radio is not seeing it and that is my $0.02

**EDIT**

There is no wire that runs from the fuse panel / BCM that controls the CD-C function of the radio. It is controlled by the radio only and what I stated above is where I would look into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.