DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you get it from Crutchfield, you shouldn't have any problems, they give great instructions with the stuff they sell.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
LOL, i totally agree about the factory tape player.. That was the first thing to go on my car. But if you dont already have them, you're going to need a Chrsler Wiring harness and a '98-'02 Intrepid mounting kit (if you check out your dash the tape player is more round than an aftermarket one... I picked mine up at best buy for under $20)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I didn't think the tape player was too bad, but I decided it had to go simply because it was a tape player and i wanted something spectacular in my car to wow passengers. I figured I'd get something at best buy and let them install it eventually, and coincidentally they were doing free installation there this week so i took advantage and got a top of the line radio, i thought about doing the whole system but, funds are tight. So i bought a pioneer 6400, its so hot kid, its the one with the graphic display LED screen, i recommend it. Anyways, to install it, you need the harness to mount it to the dash, and the wire adapter that fits ontop of the factory wires and makes it easier to connect to the radio, unless you'd rather cut the wires, which might give you a problem if you wanna change it again in the future, and you also need the plastic mold thing the radio fits in b/c it probably won't fit perfectly in the dash like the factory one does. The parts come to around $30 at best buy, and they charge about $60 to install. I recommend best buy highly, and for 40 bucks more they'll give you a 4 year warranty on the radio, however, it can't be that hard to install the thing, i heard crutchfield will give you all the necessary parts to install it for free w/ instructions, and they'll even walk you through the installation over the phone. So i guess just compare the two options and see what you get. Any other questions, email me.
-Mack

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
CD players are easy to install. Even with the very vague instructions supplied with the installation kit, you should have no troubles provided you get the factory wiring harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts