DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cd player in my car has been acting really weird. It will not play burned cd's no matter what kind of cd or media format (mp3, wav, wma, etc) and when you put a store bought cd in it takes like 5 minutes for the player to play it. I have cleaned it with a cd cleaner and used a can of air to blow out any debris that might have gotten in it.
I think I'm going to just replace it with a cd/tape player from an 04 Chrysler Town and Country. I just wanted to make sure that the 04 player would play burned cds. If anyone has any clue plz let me know.
Thanks, Jamie :dj:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It could be condensation, dust, age, anything! I'd say try and find another OEM radio if you aren't in the market to buy a new CD player and speakers. My CD changer in my old intrepid would do the same thing as you are explaining and I ruled it as condensation as it only happened in the cold months. This may or not be the case with yours. I might even recommend cranking up the heat the next time you warm up/start your car to see if you can get rid of any moisture, or even take the whole thing out of the car and blow it out with an air duster and set it somewhere warm where it can air out all the condensation. Hope this helps!

PS I still have the Gameboy if you are interested :biggthump
Josiah

·
Registered
209 Posts
The early second gen 'Treps aren't always capable of playing burned CDs (mine won't for instance). There was, apparently, a TSB for this at some point that *might* have gotten it fixed under warranty. I never tried burned CDs until recently, so I never had it looked into.

As far as the '04 unit, that should work, but I believe the connections at the back of the head unit changed in like '01, so it might not be a direct bolt in.

Check w/ the guys in the audio forum, or maybe Crutchfield's web site for more info

·
Registered
750 Posts
HMMM dunno on the CD part it may jsut not be compatible. as far as the 04 radio you will need the adapter harness as the plugs changed from two into one big one in 2002. I think mine was 29.99 at the dodge dealer but i think ive seen em cheaper.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Just to supplement what old school said, I have only tried Verbatim, Maxell, and Sony CD-R/CD-RWs in a stock intrepid CD player. What brand are you trying to use? Some brands don't write properly to be universally read. I've had CDs play on my computer that i can't get to play in the car, for example. Also, like he said, you would get more/better answers if you posted in the car audio forum. Don't mean to be rude, though. Tried to help, didn't I? :bigparty: :bigparty: :bigparty:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:icon_redf
I apologize. I feel dumb b/c I didnt even see that forum. lol
But thanks for the help u guys. Positive rep all around. :fun_08:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts