DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All right here we go.... I'm looking for recommendations on modestly priced ear buds for use with a cell phone to listen to music. These will be used on a Nokia phone which has a standard 3.5 mm jack?

When I'm at the airport in the Baggage Matrix there's a ton of noise from all the conveyors and rather than wearing ear plugs I'd rather listen to music from my phone and not the noise. I can stream music via the Airport Free WiFi or from my SD card in the phone that I load with music.

I've got a pair of the Blackberry Ear Buds shown below but they don't fit my ears very well and either fall out or move away from my ears and the volume drops off dramatically.Basically those type of ear buds are worthless to me.so suggest something else please!

Any suggestions? Remember...I'm talking modestly priced. So my budget is going to be set at around $50 for these. Don't bother replying with anything over that price point.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Radio Shack in my area is closing, and if they still have them, I can get you the JBL J22a in ear ear buds for 20. They usually go between 30 and 50 depending on where you get them.
Excellent sound, base, good mic, well built. I have a pair myself, and the only better ear buds I had was a set of bose, before an ex-friends pup decided to use them for a chew toy.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ken...what type of ear buds are these? Do they look like the Blackberry ones I pictured above? I'm looking for probably something like an earplug type like the JBL mentioned above.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Radio Shack in my area is closing, and if they still have them, I can get you the JBL J22a in ear ear buds for 20. They usually go between 30 and 50 depending on where you get them.
Excellent sound, base, good mic, well built. I have a pair myself, and the only better ear buds I had was a set of bose, before an ex-friends pup decided to use them for a chew toy.
Sounds like a deal. How much total shipped?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'll look and see if they still have today. They did a couple days ago when I was looking for tools. If they do I'll pick them up. Send me your address and I'll get them shipped out to you priority mail. Probably will be around 25 shipped.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ok update. A good update. The discount was even more, so they were 12 instead of 20. So 17 shipped. PayPal is [email protected]. Send as gift, and I will get them shipped out as soon as I get your address today, or on Monday when the post office opens up.

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
Perfect timing for this thread. My crappy BB head phones crapped out on the flight from Charlotte to Seattle. JBL 33A hum.... I'll look into it when I get home.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Perfect timing for this thread. My crappy BB head phones crapped out on the flight from Charlotte to Seattle. JBL 33A hum.... I'll look into it when I get home.
Yep, same internal speakers as the 22A's, just the external design is different, and comes with a better carrying case.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok update. A good update. The discount was even more, so they were 12 instead of 20. So 17 shipped. PayPal is [email protected]. Send as gift, and I will get them shipped out as soon as I get your address today, or on Monday when the post office opens up.
OK. I just sent payment off. Looks like PayPal has changed has changed regarding sending money. Used to be just the address and amount and you were good to go. Now they want the Recipients Name and country they live in WTF?

Anyway....payment was sent. It's waiting for you to accept it. Let me know that you got it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
OK. I just sent payment off. Looks like PayPal has changed has changed regarding sending money. Used to be just the address and amount and you were good to go. Now they want the Recipients Name and country they live in WTF?

Anyway....payment was sent. It's waiting for you to accept it. Let me know that you got it.
It is not showing up nor did I receive an email letting me know. I wonder what's going on with paypal.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is not showing up nor did I receive an email letting me know. I wonder what's going on with paypal.
Check it now. Looks like I had the "E" and the "I" reversed in your last name. Cancelled the first transaction and resent. 2nd time around I didn't get asked for a full name and country. looks like that's info that's asked for when the email address isn't legit.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And can you get another set of these?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I should. I don't know how much longer Radio Shack will remain open here. I picked up 2 sets today, yours and a set for my wife, leaving 3 sets.
And that happens a lot with my last name. Lol

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great! Thanks. If you can get another set then please do it. Good to have a backup.

I'll send a PM with my info.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'll look tomorrow. They open at noon, and if they still have a set, I'll pick it up for you. I'll post a message or pm you letting you know.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great...thanks. If you can snag a 2nd set let me know immediately and I'll fire off another payment. Let me know either way.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts