DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or as I like to call it, the idiot light.

What is the easiest way to change out this bulb? Do you access it though the trunk, under the carpet? Do the carpet rivets come out easily (more important do they go back in without tearing up anything?) Or do you access it from the outside by taking off the cover somehow?

Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Try looking at your owner's manual. I don't have mine handy but they may give directions. If not, according to Haynes, "Pull back the lower portion of the trunk lid liner and remove the 2 bulb holders. Install new bulbs in the holders."
Hope it's as simple as it sounds.
HTH.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had to replace mine a couple of months ago. It's as simple as it sounds - I think i had to remove four rivets. Just use a flat-head screwdriver and take your time - they're a little bendable.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah, that third brake light is a common burn out, I had to replace mine, Bruce
could not have explained it better on how to do it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
They tend to fail often if you slam the trunk, the filiment breaks off. I burned out 2 in 2 weeks courtesy of US customs!!! (they seach the car no every day I cross!)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I see all Intrepid taillights get burned out. Heck my right one burnt on me for no reason. I think it's a combination of heat and too much juice being sent to them.

And yes, I also see the 3rd brake go out alot in 'treps.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by GR8WHT:
They tend to fail often if you slam the trunk, the filiment breaks off. I burned out 2 in 2 weeks courtesy of US customs!!! (they seach the car no every day I cross!)
You cross from Windsor to Detroit, right?

It must suck having to do that every day. I hear the wait can be like 1-1.5 hours to get across.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yep , the commute sucks bigtime right now, I have changed my hours so I don't cross at peak times.

I understand the reasons for the search, but honestly, would a terrorist just have it sitting in the trunk or on the seat?

Hopefully theu will come up with a system soon that expidites people working in each country.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts