DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Intrepid and in the owners manual there is a "Central Locking Feature" that says... "by turning the driver's door lock to the unlock position twice within 5 seconds will unlock all doors" I've tried this on mine and this feature doesn't work. Has anybody else tried it, and does it work?
Robin

·
Registered
558 Posts
I screwed around with the locks on my 2001 RT and mis-programmed the whole darn thing. My advice, go to the dealer and let them computer program it for you the way you want it before you mess up the whole system.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I tried that on my '01 R/T and it doesnt work either, even though my video says it will work. Then again, the video says a lot of things that arent actually true.

Has anyone ever heard of a Sentry Key system for the Intrepids? Mainly for the new ones?

Video says im supposed to have that, but i dont. Dealer says I dont have it either.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The sentry key is only on the ES.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Hey ottowrkr....

The video i got with my '01 R/T on the back it has the index of all of the things it will talk about..... the last thing listed is the R/T Performance Handling Group... but the video never talks about this. The last thing the video talks about is the Sunroof which is right before.

Do you know anything about this?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I'm unclear on this "central locking" thing? What exactly is is supposed to do?

You say: "by turning the driver's door lock to the unlock position twice within 5 seconds will unlock all doors"

Are you talking on the outside door lock with a key?

And if that is the case, don't all ES's have remote keyless, making this feature pointless?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All right, so I don't have an ES with keyless remote, but anyway, yes, using the key in the lock. is suppose to unlock all doors at once.
Robin

·
Registered
328 Posts
According to the service manual the Central Locking feature only works if you have the VTSS (vehicle Theft Security System). You know if you have this if there is a flashing led on the dash. Its in the "M" package on the ES, not avalible on the "R/T"

Strange marketing! Which do you think is more appealing to be stolen?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had the dealer shut down the central locking mechanism in my R/T- It was only 15.00 for them to do it.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
OK, Itried it on my Intrepid yesterday, and it didn't work. However, it may not have been available on 98 ES's, I'm not sure :confused: Also, I have an aftermarket alarm/starter installed, and that possibly could have disabled it :confused:

·
Registered
328 Posts
BK, go to the dealer and get your $15 back, its not even an option on the R/T. He took your money for something you didn't have.

Confront them, and ask why they scamed the money off you

·
Registered
407 Posts
Really? I'm wondering if we are talking about the same thing. The car would automatically lock the doors at 15 mph which I found irritating. I took it in for an oil change and them go into with the computer and delete that function. He did something because the doors don't lock on me unless I hit the interior lock button.

·
Registered
407 Posts
btw GR8WHT- thanks for watching out for me. Its been a long time since I've owned a new car as nice as this one.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
No, that is something different. You can have the locking at speed feature disabled. All the Intrepids come with that.

The central locking as (what GR8WHT was speaking of) is when you can put your key in the driver's door lock; turn it, and keep it turned for five seconds. All the doors will lock. As he said, this isn't available on all Intrepids. I believe this can only be disabled with the scan tool at the dealership.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe on the new Grand Cherokees, you can do this yourself through the overhead console.

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I thought the central unlock/locking feature was done by turning the key <to lock or unlock> in the same direction twice the same way. while I have not tried it, supposedly thats how it works, not hold it for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Works on my '98 ES. turn the key to the left, then right, then left again and all the doors unlock. Like hitting the Unlock on the remote keyless entry twice. It's a nice feature considering the previous owner lost the keypads. :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts