DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how to get at the Centre channel speaker.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That's a really awesome picture of your car with the Knight Rider Scanner in it. It looks like it means business.

·
Registered
56 Posts
To get at the center dash speaket you need to first pull off both driver and passenger side A-frame covers (friction fit)...

Then use a screwdriver to lift the front of the plastic dash-top. I believe it pulls up and back (again friction fit)..

Two screws hold the little guy in place.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Where exactly is this speaker located at, does my 99 have one? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unless you got the premium Infinity stereo then you don't got one. If you do then its in the centre of the dash up near the base of the windsheild.

Thanks Brad C. question, what is friction fit? no clips or anything, just give it a little force and she will come out? cause I do not want to ruin anything, I just want to unplug it cause its giving me a little rattle, Its blowen. :mad:

·
Registered
184 Posts
The center channel speaker in my 99 ES is also blown...i never thought to unplug it. That is a fab idea, man. I haven't even looked at how the top of the dash comes apart, but where are the "A-frame covers" exactly?

-SPiTZ-

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
they run down the side of the fron windows, the plastic there, just grab and pull on em, they will pop off.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was always wondering how you guys got the cables from your overhead consoles down the pillar....Now I know!

·
Registered
684 Posts
i know this is an old thread, but.....

how do i know if i have the centre channel speaker????

i bought a used 2001 ES and got no info on the sound system....i have a plain cd/cassette head unit with no cd changer....

i know where 6 speakers are, but i dont know if i have an infinity system....

how can i tell???? anyone have a pic of what the centre speaker looks like?

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
If you don't have a CD changer and the sail speakers don't say "Infinity" on them, then you just have the midgrade system...

·
Registered
684 Posts
i had read that elsewhere and mine doesn't say 'infinity' anywhere(on the outside, I didn't open them up to look inside), but here is what i know:

1) the sail speakers say 'premium audio' on them
2) I don't see an amp near the passenger side, so maybe it's in the trunk if i have one?
3) don't know if I have a centre speaker, I have the 2 heater outlets on the dash and in the middle of them(beside the sun sensor) is a circular grille, dunno if that is a centre speaker or another heat outlet.

Any ideas what I have from this description?

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
You just have the midgrade system. The 120W amp is located behind the passenger kickpanel. You don't have a center channel speaker in this system...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Cool, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts