DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the crown vic police wheels, and they look just like my steelies, I was wondering if anyone tried them, or if anyone has access to some to test out, because I dont want to order them from the dealer if i don't know for sure that they work.
thanks,
Andrei

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You want the wheels or the center caps? I can tell you the Crown Vic center caps (ugly IMO) definitely do NOT fit a regular or police Trep wheel.

Seeing the bolt pattern is the same for the two cars (5/114.3), I don't see why the wheel itself won't fit.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want the center caps, I have my steelies n for the winter, but they look ugly, ans lookin at the crown vic wheels, they look exactly like my steelies, and i heard that they just snap on to the lug nuts...

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i dont think they will fit.... i wanted those too. The rim has to have the holes for the caps. My rims are from wal mart and they dont have it, physically they look the same but take a closer look, the vic will have a 3 bolt pattern which holds the cap.

You need to get the rims and caps from a junked cop car, a friend of mine did that for his trep, it looks ok but its way too cop like LOl...

If you want to fit them you will need to drill those holes or come up with a custom way to fit them on ur rims.

The chevys bolt on, the intrepids and crown vic clip in i believe.

Good luck

·
Registered
376 Posts
If they're like most other Ford center caps, they will clip to 3 of the lugs. This will require Ford lugs with the raised lip around them. They go for about $1 each at the dealer. The first thing you'll have to do is check that the thread size and pitch is the same.

Somewhere I have a set of these lugs. If I can find them, I'll check the fit for you.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Badasstrep said:
So?
Im talking about these things:

I was replying to the post immediately before mine.

RJ said:
Seeing the bolt pattern is the same for the two cars (5/114.3), I don't see why the wheel itself won't fit.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
I was replying to the post immediately before mine.
So how does rwd make any difference? Don't think any wheel (OEM or aftermarket) is wheel driven dependent.

Back to the origional question. All I can say is the police Intrepid center caps do require special lug nuts (very similar to the ebay ones posted above), therefore I don't think the Crown Vic caps are going to fit on a normal Intrepid, despite the same bolt pattern.

BTW my caps are a ***** to put on; they require a good 100 to 150 lbs of pressure to snap into place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts