DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, I put new Bendix rotors and Bendix CT-3 ceramic pads on the front wheels of my 04 SXT with chrome wheels. I've heard many positive comments on the forums about this setup. However, a week or so after cleaning, I start to get heavy, black dust on the wheels. The OEM pads created dust also, but never this dark. I thought ceramics were supposed to be less and/or lighter dust.

Has anyone else experienced this with these pads?

Along with this, the rotors have warped and the brakes squeal under certain conditions. I plan to get the rotors machined once and see how they do.

krusty1

·
Registered
545 Posts
Last year, I put new Bendix rotors and Bendix CT-3 ceramic pads on the front wheels of my 04 SXT with chrome wheels. I've heard many positive comments on the forums about this setup. However, a week or so after cleaning, I start to get heavy, black dust on the wheels. The OEM pads created dust also, but never this dark. I thought ceramics were supposed to be less and/or lighter dust.

Has anyone else experienced this with these pads?

Along with this, the rotors have warped and the brakes squeal under certain conditions. I plan to get the rotors machined once and see how they do.

krusty1
I always use ceramic pads. When they're new you don't have any problems after a few years then you might see some dust build up time to change them again. Wagner Gold worst pads to get they're bad with dust.

·
Registered
257 Posts
First thing that came to mind is that if you use tire shine and get it on the wheels, it will cause the dust to stick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It also depends on the formulation of the ceramic material. The Bendix pads i had on my Eclipse produced a light grey, almost white dust while the Axxis ceramic produced a heavy black dust. The Axxis did bite a hell of a lot better than the Bendix did though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These Bendix pads are causing dirtier wheels than the OEM pads. I guess I was a little surprised. Maybe it's material from the rotors...

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
The term "ceramic" is wide open. An engineer at Frozen Rotors told me that a manufacturer could literally put a pinch of ceramic dust in their mix and call the pads ceramic. Saying a pad is ceramic is little guarantee of anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts