DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at dabirdzR/T sig page and really love the color. I think gaze said it was HOK Tangarine something. Is it possible to replicate that color onto my car? I heard it might be difficult because it shifts colors in the light but if its possible I would appreciate it.

Here are a couple of pictures;

·
Registered
531 Posts
95Intrepisize said:
I was looking at dabirdzR/T sig page and really love the color. I think gaze said it was HOK Tangarine something. Is it possible to replicate that color onto my car? I heard it might be difficult because it shifts colors in the light but if its possible I would appreciate it.
IMO it is a lot of work to change the color of a car - especially if you want it to look original. Door jambs, under the hood, etc. are a lot of time and effort to do neatly. Anything can be done, the question is, is it worth what it would cost? A $2500 paint job on a $2500 car brings the value up to $2500. I'm just looking at it from a practical standpoint. It's a bunch of work, to do this right.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indiana Trep, I understand where you are coming from. There has been a lot of money and parts put into my car and it should run another 100,000 miles (knock on wood). If the paint goes more than what is now. I will consider repainting. $2,500 is a lot cheaper than buying any new, quaility car for $30,000.

I knew it would be a lot of work. If nobody wants to do that, its fine, it was only a request. However if someone can and is bored, i would sincerely appreciate it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
95Intrepisize said:
Indiana Trep, I understand where you are coming from. There has been a lot of money and parts put into my car and it should run another 100,000 miles (knock on wood). If the paint goes more than what is now. I will consider repainting. $2,500 is a lot cheaper than buying any new, quaility car for $30,000.

I knew it would be a lot of work. If nobody wants to do that, its fine, it was only a request. However if someone can and is bored, i would sincerely appreciate it.
Indiana is right... it's a lot of work and a lot of money to put into a car that isn't worth any more than the paint job, but... if it's something that you'll really enjoy - "GO FOR IT!" Life's short and sometimes you just gotta! (I love that orange color!)

·
Registered
531 Posts
95Intrepisize said:

Actually I really like the color your car is now - done over fresh you might suddenly think 'hey, it's awesome'. Just one minor consideration when you change the color of a car, unless you strip it all the way down first, any scratch or chip shows (in your case) a darker color and that's pretty nasty. If you change the color, do it right because cutting any corners will haunt you. I like that orange color too, no question, so I understand the temptation.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Well, I have very limited photoshop skills and your car is hard to do because it is black and it has alot of shadows/reflections. The fact that its in the shade doesn't help either. I was bored so I tried it anyway. As you can see, it came out alot better on my car because it isn't a dark color to begin with and it was a bright picture.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
95Intrepisize said:
Kandy Tangerine over Gold to be exact. I'm the guy who painted it and I'd be willing to do another members car for somewhere around $1100 for a full 3 step color change.

·
Registered
931 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
Kandy Tangerine over Gold to be exact. I'm the guy who painted it and I'd be willing to do another members car for somewhere around $1100 for a full 3 step color change.

When you say full 3 step color change, what all does that include?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Three Steps are base, mid, clear. A solid base is laid down and the midcoat is somewhat transparent. House of Kolor does this with their Kandy paints. You lay down a solid base of Glamour Metalic then a Kandy color (named so because the paint itself looks like melted candy). Then you top it off with clear.

My girlfriend's Civic for instance is only a 2 step with Planet Green Glamour Metallic. and then ice blue pearl mixed in with the clear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.