DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, maybe someone can help me. I have replaced the valve body with a factory reman. And now I don't have reverse. Drive seems to work(I've only inched forward). no codes popping up.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
OK, sounds like the accumulators are in right. Did you make sure the filter O-Ring was there when you put it back up? Also check the fluid level in park on a level surface while at idle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have removed the pan again and to oring and filter were correct, Fluid level was right where it should be. When in reverse i could not push it backward. Neutral it would roll back. Is there a possibility that this valve body is bad? Not sure if a bad valve body would cause no reverse or not.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Did you also check at the top side of the valve body? There is a port connector that has a thick black tapered, (Top) neoprene gasket. It connects to the 2 - 4 piston directly. If the gasket is torn or missing that might bleed enough pressure to prevent reverse. Otherwise, you may just have a defective body assembly. This is not the first dealer part of this kind that was junk from the box.

Just trying to remember all the things that can cause this fault.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Not handy but, if you look at the top side of the valve body, (While removed from the trans), you should see a round port pointing straight up. This is near the center.

If you still have the old valve body to compare it to you should have a tubular shaped gasket or seal in this orifice. If not, then that's probably the reason.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I know what your talking about and both valve body's have it. I'm half temped to put the reman solenoid on the old valve body. But I don't want to wast my time if it's not worth it

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Reverse, IIRC, should engage even if the solenoid completely fails. So I'd have to assume the VB is at fault.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took the new solenoid on the factory reman valve body and placed it on my old valve body and reverse works, BUT the pan is leaking abit. I'm guessing bad rtv seal. So I'm going to drop the pan again and reseal.

but before that would it be safe to drive while leaking to test if this fixed my limp mode? I'm thinking that with it leaking could cause pressure issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry about the lack of an update but after 150 miles I have not noticed any issues with shifting or the transmission. No codes have poped up And I wasn't leaking any fluid. My guess is when filling the funnel burped fluid and ran down the tube onto the pan. I've placed cardboard underneath for 4 dys and checked the fluid and nothing has changed.

So to recap what I have done on my 02 special with an 0501 solenoid. Replaced both valve body and solenoid with reman, and got no reverse(now that I think about it I found a bolt loose on the reman valve body and re tq it, guess that should of Been a sign...) . Put reman solenoid on old valve body and everything is working as it should after 150 miles. Every body that has help me I really do appreciate the help. You know who you are!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts