DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
no screw needed, once you take off the liner you will see the bulb holders, just turn them and they pull right out

you can see them here circled in green, the only reason to remove the red bolts is to pull off the entire 3rd brake light bar

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all done thanks.. i still have a FAST signal when i turn left, whats this all about? i thought it was 'cause a bulb was burnt out..HELP!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
vancouver99 said:
all done thanks.. i still have a FAST signal when i turn left, whats this all about? i thought it was 'cause a bulb was burnt out..HELP!
just wondering.... do you have L.E.D. turn signal "bulbs"? if so that may be your problem... just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
DCellBatteries said:
just wondering.... do you have L.E.D. turn signal "bulbs"? if so that may be your problem... just my 2 cents
Some of the LED bulbs do not have a resistor in them. LED's do not pull a lot of current like regular bulbs so the computer thinks you have a burnt bulb and does the fast flash even though the LED bulb works still. The resistor makes the LED bulb "look" like a regular bulb to the computer. If this sounds like your problem you can deal with it, change back to regular bulbs, or solder a small resistor into the circuit. Some of the LED bulbs already have the resistor integrated into the bulb so the fast flash doesn't happen.

I don't know about you, but I wasn't pleased with the light output from the LED bulb I tried from Walmart-I forget the manufacturer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts