DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed when i installed my stereo in my '01 r/t last weekend that when i took off the ac control panel it was very simple wiring behind it...a couple of plugs into a couple of sockets. do you think it would be possible to swap out my low grade 2 dial control plate to the higher grade climate control screen face plate as found in the high end 'trep interiors and 300m's. if so i may be scowering the junk yards soon!

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Wouldn't that be sweet if you can upgrade your R/T to auto A/C. OTTO???? What you think?

·
Registered
504 Posts
First, the auto A/C has extra sensors (like a light sensor in the middle of the dash), and a different blower motor. Also, the wiring diagrams are different. So it's possible, but it would be very time consuming, difficult, and expensive.

Second, your A/C only has 2 dials?

·
Registered
558 Posts
According to Ottowrkr, a couple of weeks ago, he posted that changing the standard controls to the Autotemp is a HUGE pain in the butt and could result in high costs.

Danny
Capitalcity R/T

·
Registered
504 Posts
Warlord... your pedals are red... I was thinking about getting "feet" pedals...

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by MadTxn:
Warlord... your pedals are red... I was thinking about getting "feet" pedals...
Yup... :)

The only thing that sucks about them (other than the fact that I really need to vaccum) is that because of the way they mount, the gas pedal sits a little to high. Oh well. I still like them. The color matches my tire valves too!!! :)

About the "feet" pedals, the ones I saw looked kind of cheesy. But I'm sure there are more than one type out there. Go with what you like! :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
a very complicated job, you have to change many things on the heater/a/c unit also. IMOP-not worth the trouble. if you really need ATC trade up to a 02 model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts