DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to use and intrepid 2000 dash just the skin/structure basically ( because it is mint and been redone black) and utilize all the inner wiring, components etc from my 2002 dash.
My question is what might be some unforeseen problems they i may encounter?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Nothing as for problems!

As long as you retain the same wiring from your car or utilize wiring from the same year bracket as your car you'll be fine(98-01 and 02-04). If you can find an IP harness with ATC and a ATC head, definitely a good time to do the swap if you have MTC.

Wiring from any of the LH models, Intrepid, 300M, Concorde and LHS will swap between the different dashes encase you or anyone else is wondering. All plug and play.

If you're painting your dash, clean it well, because if anyone ever armour all'd it or used some oil based product on it, the paint is going to separate like oil and water. I've found spraying a reducer or cheap paint on it first and wiping it all down tends to bring out all the chemicals. This is a trick me and a friend use when doing body work and painting.

Oil and other products are tremendous buggers.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ x2

Any of the Intrepid dashes from 1998 - 2004 will work.

One annoying thing I've noticed with the 02+ dashes is that they develop a crack
in the crease over the passenger side air bag.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^^^^^^^^ x2

Any of the Intrepid dashes from 1998 - 2004 will work.

One annoying thing I've noticed with the 02+ dashes is that they develop a crack
in the crease over the passenger side air bag.
Yes i agree, that is why i am changing mine out

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing as for problems!

As long as you retain the same wiring from your car or utilize wiring from the same year bracket as your car you'll be fine(98-01 and 02-04). If you can find an IP harness with ATC and a ATC head, definitely a good time to do the swap if you have MTC.

Wiring from any of the LH models, Intrepid, 300M, Concorde and LHS will swap between the different dashes encase you or anyone else is wondering. All plug and play.

If you're painting your dash, clean it well, because if anyone ever armour all'd it or used some oil based product on it, the paint is going to separate like oil and water. I've found spraying a reducer or cheap paint on it first and wiping it all down tends to bring out all the chemicals. This is a trick me and a friend use when doing body work and painting.

Oil and other products are tremendous buggers.
Thanks, as for cleaning it i used a 2 items i 1st washed it with a dish soap then,used a wax and grease cleaner from SPI and for final i went over the whole thing with Denatured alcohol. It looks like new
here is some pics of the work
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.246430635508373.1073741844.214852655332838&type=1

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It all looks awesome, been following your dream build for awhile haha
Thanks, it is a labor of love I enjoy the build, it will take as long as it takes I am in no hurry.

Does anyone one no if I will need any different wiring to get the side mirror to dim with the auto dim feature on the rear view mirror. I have the 300m special wiring package for the doors and the body harness, or do I have to change out the wiring going to the rearview mirror. I do all ready have the ATC with the tire pressure sensors

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
The roof harness needs to have the auto-dimming wiring in it (with the mirror of course) for the side mirror dimming to work.

One thing to keep in mind when swapping dashes is that the 01+ dashes were Dark Slate while the earlier ones were Agate. I'm not sure if you're panning to paint the old dash to match the rest of the interior, but there is a color difference there that many do notice. When you're done with everything, get some good protectant on the dash. I've used the 404 Protestant product from the company bellow, it's really good stuff. It was suggested by another member on and works great, my M's dash hasn't cracked yet.

http://www.303products.com/

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The roof harness needs to have the auto-dimming wiring in it (with the mirror of course) for the side mirror dimming to work.

One thing to keep in mind when swapping dashes is that the 01+ dashes were Dark Slate while the earlier ones were Agate. I'm not sure if you're panning to paint the old dash to match the rest of the interior, but there is a color difference there that many do notice. When you're done with everything, get some good protectant on the dash. I've used the 404 Protestant product from the company bellow, it's really good stuff. It was suggested by another member on and works great, my M's dash hasn't cracked yet.

404 Protestant: Is that some kind of contraceptive being sold through the Affordable Healthcare Act?
That must be the Generic version.
I'll bet there's one for each denomination like:
404 Lutheran
404 Methodist
404 Baptist
Maybe it's just a Canadian thing!
Hey Steph,
Happy New Year!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I like 303 products, I did some head lamps and used 303 to seal them and with a single application they stayed clear for over a year in the Brutal Michigan weather.

Also I am changing all my interior color to a non stock black, and maybe a stainless steel finish. the dash came out like new and I lover it a lot better than the dark slate gray

1 - 12 of 12 Posts