DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
probably an hour of labor. $77 bucks.

if you have the oil and filter i'd just take it to a mom and pops shop and have them do it. shouldnt be anymore than $15-20 bucks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wish i could go into midas or somthing and just ask if i can use one of there lifts lol. Yeah i will just call then.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Why not just do it yourself then? All you need is a jack and stands or ramps and a drain pan
I was thinking the same thing but it may be a weather issue like I have with mine sometimes. Really sucks not having a garage when you want to work on the ride during the winter. And I really do not get the bad weather down here in the south.

·
Registered
715 Posts
i would consider one more oil change at a "shop" (because of weather??) and that will hopefully get you through until warmer/nicer weather. then invest in jack and jack stands, oil drain pan, oil filter removal tool, and start doing them yourself!!! switch to synthetic (mobil 1 5w30 5 quart jug ~$22 at walmart) and pick up a filter from parts store. cost about as much as a "cheap" oil change from a shop. it truly is not that difficult...

·
Registered
393 Posts
probably an hour of labor. $77 bucks.

if you have the oil and filter i'd just take it to a mom and pops shop and have them do it. shouldnt be anymore than $15-20 bucks.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over!?

I have mine done at the dealer and it only runs around $26...

·
Registered
510 Posts
We want to be your dealer for life......

Most dealers will kill to do an OLF. It is an excellent opportunity to "assess your service needs". LOL

"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over!?"
I like that! Never saw that before....

·
Registered
298 Posts
What makes you think the monkeys at the dealer will be any better than anyone else?

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Just buy ramps at Advance for around $40...and do it yourself. Much easier.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i ended up going and it was only $10.79 with my oil and filter already with me. I would change my oil myself like i always do but its been very cold and with snow on the ground it makes it worse.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well i ended up going and it was only $10.79 with my oil and filter already with me. I would change my oil myself like i always do but its been very cold and with snow on the ground it makes it worse.
THATS CHEAPER THAN WAL MART!
impressive.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
dealers dont cost that much, prob 20-30$ max to change it for u. This isnt a lambo guys.

Regular oil changes are like 50$ complete.

CM

·
Registered
520 Posts
Do it flat

This is a minor point, but you don't need a ramp or jacks to change the oil, at least in a second generation. I do mine with the car flat on the ground all the time. I would never get under a car up on jacks or jack stands, and probably not even if it were up on ramps. Too much can go wrong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts