DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 3 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,093 Posts
I wouldn't use that Dextron addetive stuff. My moms 3.3L '95 grand caravan took a dump 10K miles after we had the tranny flushed with the stuff. When my dad took the tranny into get it flushed the first time, the fluid was still the bright red that good fluid is supposed to be, but we had just purchased the vehicle, so we thought it a good idea. when it died, there was metal flakes all over the inside of the pan, and the tranny was dead.

Only use ATF+3, Mopar Brand!

· Registered
4,093 Posts
you can't get it out just by changing. Some people do a 'double change'. drop pan, change oil, put pan up, fill up, drive around for a little, drop pan, change filter put pan back up, fill up, and yer good. that gets about 70% of all the old fluid out. I have just gone to dropping the pan once a year, (every 11 or 12K) and changin half the fluid. Seems to work well.

· Registered
4,093 Posts
I got a Pan Gasget:p I went and got it aftermarket, because i didn't really trust the straight up silicone seal.

1 - 3 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.