DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...
I am going to buy a Charger. Does anyone know of issues with certain engine types, body styles etc.

ie. Like you know how everyone on here disses the 2.7 Trep. Well, I have a 2.7 trep and I may not have bought one had someone steered me elsewhere. I love it though, and am glad i have it but.... like i said, does anyone know of any such issues with the Chargers?

I know this sounds vague, but I have searched the Charger forums, and really see no one complaining like we do about the 2.7L.

Any help is a plus..

·
Registered
63 Posts
The new 2.7s are better now and dont have nearly the trouble that ours do. Although i am completely against the 2.7 in the chargers, but thats just me.

*EDIT: No problems to really be found on the chargers

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I def will not be getting a 2.7L Charger. I was just using that as an example of a known issue with our cars... I was just hoping there are no " beware of's" when it comes to the Charger.
But thanks for the heads up. I was considering the 3.5L. I'll just make sure it has a wing. then for sure it will go faster. lol

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Other than the 3.5 is gutless, I know of no major issues. A friend of mine bought one in 07 and has had no problems yet. Seats are uncomfortable too, if you can, get the R/T

·
Registered
281 Posts
THEY ARE NOT RELATED!! I hate when people think this lol. Way better motor that is mounted differently.

·
Registered
689 Posts
THEY ARE NOT RELATED!! I hate when people think this lol. Way better motor that is mounted differently.
The 2.7 is mounted the same way as our LH cars
Tom
I would go with the SXT with the 3.5 if you can not afford the R/T with the Hemi-do not wait the employee pricing will not be around forever-with the employee pricing you might be able to buy the Hemi-so you can have your cake and eat it too

·
Registered
281 Posts
I agree that these cars are way to heavy for 2.7's. I rented a magnum with a 2.7 and it was not good. But my bad on the mounted differently. I was thinking of the stratus 2.7 Sorry if that messed you up a bit.

·
Registered
550 Posts
The Hemi gets as good mileage as the 3.5. Go as high as you can with the car you choose. My Magnum is the same chasis as the Charger. I have 158,000 miles on my '05. Can't wait for the next 400,000. NJMP on the 30th is going to be an absolute blast, the 6 cylinder really doesn't have the option of doing this EVER.

A few laps at New Jersey Motorsports Park- Video

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well...the OP's question wasn't about the 2.7L engine. He was just using it as an example, and I imagine he's smart enough not to get that in a Charger, seeing as he's stated he won't, so I would say forget he mentioned anything about a 2.7L engine.

To answer your question, I have been following the Charger's progress for some time, looking for the same thing, which is any major problems, and as of this time I have not heard of any at all. At least not comparable to a 2.7L Trep. Just remember to break it in nice and easy like :p

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Speaking for the Magnums, the 2.7 Magnum is a little slower than the 2.7 Intrepid, where as the 3.5 Magnum is as fast as the 3.5 Intrepids despite about 400 lbs more weight. The 3.5 Intrepid is faster at top speed because of better aerodynamics though. The intake was redesigned on the LX's and seems to be more efficient because they get the same gas mileage as the LH counterparts despite the extra weight and drag coefficient. The Chargers are a couple 10ths of a second quicker than the Magnums in off the line acceleration because they are about 150 lbs lighter being a sedan compared to a station wagon.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya, I tried the 3.5L yesterday, and was happy with it, but I'm gonna hold off for a bit till I can get my hands on an R/T or prefer. Daytona!!! I wrote about the test drive in the General Discussin thread. So thanx again everyone for the info. You helped me make up my mind.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I'm going R/T i like the TorRed. If I am lucky enough to find a Daytona, I would be happy with any of them. I really like the orange and yellow. I think they are Hemi Orange, and Top Banana, and even the Sublime Green looks pretty interesting. I'm not sure if that color would be fun to look at everyday, but like I said, when the time comes, any of the colors are pretty rockin. Even the plum would be alright.

And if you are just talkin what color in general I like........ I'm gonna say blue.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Lx

In addition to the Intrepid, I have a 2006 300C (5.7). Same basic car as Charger or Magnum. I've had no problems now at 50,000 miles. Go to LXforums.com for the best information on all LX cars.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts