DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I have a 2001 Intrepid that has some dim headlights. My buddy at work had suggested I look into some cheap HID's from Ebay because I've had bad luck with replacement headlights from Walmart / AAP.

I have searched a lot of kits online and while I feel like I know what I'm doing, I'm rather new when it comes to car modification. My car is really on it's last legs (unfortunately!) and I don't want to be spending hundreds on a set of nice ones, but every time I find ones that I think are going to fit my car, the fit guide says "nay".

So my question is .. will something that is a 9006xs kit say for a Charger fit my car? I know that's the right fit bulb, but according to the website, this is not compatible with my car. I don't want to have to send it back, so I figured I'd reach out first.

Thank you ahead of time for any help provided! Everyone's Treps on here are so nice!

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
As long as the bulb size is correct then it should work for our cars. I bought mine from DDM tuning http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W . Cost close to $50 bucks with shipping. All that is needed is the ballast and bulbs; no extra brackets, harnesses, error eliminator, or adapter harness. With a 35w kit the 5000k bulbs will have a slight blue tint to it. I was going for a pure white color and later swapped the bulbs for a set of 4300k's. I think the 4500s might be the purest white color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So ...

So I have searched ebay for the correct part for 9006xs but the only one I can find is a "HID Conversion Kit Dodge Charger 06-10 9006XS 6000K Xenon Low Beam Light" (Sorry I can't post URL cause I'm still a newbie on here) I kind of enjoy the blusish look to them, but don't want them to be pure blue .. so I think this is the strength I want them to be.

I know that they say they are for a Charger, but they're the right bulb and wattage, so I'm wondering if it can just be tweaked a bit to fit? Any input is appreciated!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,563 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts