DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting some new rims to run in summer and just using my stock rims with the winter tires. I can't afford to blow a lot of cash and I'm looking for something that is lighter than the stock wheel/tire combination (gotta get some weight off for drag racing this summer...on a track not street racing)

I was thinking about going up to 17 inch but I don't think I'll go 18 because tire prices start getting extreme the bigger you go.

As far as width, are stock wheels on a 97 3.5 ES 16x7.5 ?? I'm not really looking to go narrower or wider with the tire but could I use 17x8 rims without significantly widening the tires footprint...would they even fit?

Anyway if anyone has any rim suggestions (aftermarket or stock on another intrepid or dodge model) I would appreciate hearing about it in the next few days, because I probably have to buy tires by Feb 3 at the latest.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Stock rim is 16x7 but you cant fit 7.5 no problem.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
yeah id say do 17s because 17 inch tires are way cheaper and more readily available. i had 18s on a truck and sold them when it was time for new tires because 20 inch tires were too close to the same price to not go get 20s. dont even get me started on 19s... lol... but ya id get some clean 17s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts