DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Does it make sense that a fan that receives its energy from the air flowing into the intake would be able to add pressure (energy) to the air coming in?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
EspizTrep said:
its electronic, fan spins with 12v lol oooowwwwwww
That ain't no better. How much electrical power do you think your alternator can supply to this thing? How many kilowatts would it take to drive a supercharger to produce even 5 PSI boost? It's a gimmick. :funparty:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey now, thats almost my idea years ago........

I thought you could take a heater fan from a junk car, make it belt driven and use it as a super charger.....heh

If thats a powerful as the blowers I have cooling two of my PC's they push a BUNCH, tons of air even, but not enough to do anything for a engine.....heh

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
You know its funny, it says "not for use on fuel injected cars" in the paragraph right below the last picture--- but that car it is installed on is clearly fuel-injected.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
this powerful supercharger will create up to 2.1 psi - all at the flick of a switch. And even though powerful, it will not damage your engine with overwhelming pressure
since when was 2 psi considered "powerful" and "overwhelming pressure"?

·
Registered
348 Posts
32Intrepid said:
You know its funny, it says "not for use on fuel injected cars" in the paragraph right below the last picture--- but that car it is installed on is clearly fuel-injected.

I thought that too, but it actually says "Not for use on non-fuel injected cars"

He could have worded it a bit better, like not for use on carberated vehicles....

Either way, someone will buy it, I worked with a guy that was gonna buy a fan from ebay for his Dak, to put in the air inake, it looked like the 120mm Delta I have on my PC rad.....heh

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Slagathor said:
I thought that too, but it actually says "Not for use on non-fuel injected cars"

He could have worded it a bit better, like not for use on carberated vehicles....

Either way, someone will buy it, I worked with a guy that was gonna buy a fan from ebay for his Dak, to put in the air inake, it looked like the 120mm Delta I have on my PC rad.....heh
Ahh, your right. I must have been reading only what I wanted to read... :doh:

·
Registered
186 Posts
do you guys think that it might give you slightly better MPG because it is easier on the engine to breathe? I know it will make the altenator work harder but what if you lower the voltage to the fan? Im not going to buy it i just thought that could be a possible theory. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
98_2.7TREP said:
do you guys think that it might give you slightly better MPG because it is easier on the engine to breathe? I know it will make the altenator work harder but what if you lower the voltage to the fan? Im not going to buy it i just thought that could be a possible theory. What do you guys think?
Here's the thing you might be missing about a supercharger. The purpose of a supercharger is to compress air and pump it into the engine. More air=more power, however more air also=more fuel. Supercharger or not, a specific air/fuel ratio has to be maintained. so in all likelyhood, you will lose mpg and not gain anything.

Getting back to this particular "electric" supercharger. See my previous post about my wife's hairdryer. but seriously, you really aren't going to gain anything from this particular ebay item. The electric supercharger, as well as these "chips" you see on ebay are worthless. Keep this in mind, horsepower is never cheap. Given the fact that you could spend $200-$250 on a K&N FIPK and maybe gain 10-20 hp, you really think you'll gain whatever they claim from a converted leaf blower or hair dryer? Think again.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ahhh, but what if you had the right squirrel[sp] cage in there, and had it belt driven........eh eh eh :00000024: :00000024:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
froggy81500 said:
Here's the thing you might be missing about a supercharger. The purpose of a supercharger is to compress air and pump it into the engine. More air=more power, however more air also=more fuel. Supercharger or not, a specific air/fuel ratio has to be maintained. so in all likelyhood, you will lose mpg and not gain anything.

Getting back to this particular "electric" supercharger. See my previous post about my wife's hairdryer. but seriously, you really aren't going to gain anything from this particular ebay item. The electric supercharger, as well as these "chips" you see on ebay are worthless. Keep this in mind, horsepower is never cheap. Given the fact that you could spend $200-$250 on a K&N FIPK and maybe gain 10-20 hp, you really think you'll gain whatever they claim from a converted leaf blower or hair dryer? Think again.
Well Froggy his theory might just work, since these things are only air restrictors by definition...LOL, nevermind the 2 PSI claims. Thus by reducing the air flow to the engine he would consume less fuel, not really sure if MPG would increase but he will deffinitely loose power. Oh wait that wasn't the point..... :thinking: :rollgrin: But that's what it comes down to with these scams. Oh and the "CHIP" doesn't work either , just in case there's another thread coming up soon !! :beat:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Slagathor said:
Ahhh, but what if you had the right squirrel[sp] cage in there, and had it belt driven........eh eh eh :00000024: :00000024:
Squirrels are only Civic frindly applications. A racoon maybe ???

PS. In your sig "THERES NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCHES!!!!!!" isn't correct there's "liters" wich substitutes it perfectly and is used in most of the world. You prob. meant " THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT" , right ?? :thumbs-up

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Squirrels are only Civic frindly applications. A racoon maybe ???

PS. In your sig "THERES NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCHES!!!!!!" isn't correct there's "liters" wich substitutes it perfectly and is used in most of the world. You prob. meant " THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT" , right ?? :thumbs-up
LOL :worthless We need to get this design underway LOL.... Just the other night a cat was chasing a raccoon down the street from my house LOL..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts