DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
340duster said:
Oh yes, Kasey Kahne is the one who decided on that. I'm willing to bet he wasn't the one who decided to put it on there, and most likely didn't even know about it.

I'm sure he knew it was there. Maybe thats how he got his win. There should be question next to the win(possible cheating).

·
Registered
462 Posts
adaptabl said:
I'm sure he knew it was there. Maybe thats how he got his win. There should be question next to the win(possible cheating).
Are you really that dumb? Do you just read what is in the paper and throw something up here? Each and every car has to go through a tech inspections before it even tries to qualify. Kahne's team got in trouble on Friday. Then the top five cars all go through tech inspection again and then the winning car in torn down and everything is checked.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
He is just pissed off. Because his allmighty Toyota's can't win a race in the truck's this year. He thought by now they would win every race. Being he has said in the past. The Jap cars,trucks and motors are far better than the big 3. Hell the new Charger has already won its 1st race. And Toyota's are sucking Dodge and Chevy exhaust fumes. :icon_mrgr

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
adaptabl said:
Maybe EVERY driver who has been fined for illegal parts should have question marks put near every one of their wins, I mean, come on...they might have cheated.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Why do you blame Kahne? He is driving for Ray Evernham who once built a car so good that NASCAR told him never to bring itb ack to the track (T-Rex car).

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
They probably won't sit him down. Hell they catch people cheating all the time. They'll bang him with a decent fine and take away some points. Geez Harvick punched Joe Nemechek in the face for a wreck Joe didn't cause and he didn't even get fined.

As for Toyota, they've decided that they won't be moving up to the Busch series next year as planned since they are doing so poorly in the Craftsman Truck series.
And Adaptabl thought they'd own the series their first year out.

Now the real question for cup is: Can anybody stop Roush racing this year ?
They are on a serious roll.

They also impounded engines after the Michigan race from Dodge, Chevy and Ford. Not looking for 'cheaters' per se, but to see who has an advantage horsepower wise.

Oh I also heard they're going to change the name again after next season to Sprint cup (since Nextel and Sprint merged).

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
adaptabl said:
Kahne cheating

They should make him sit out a race for something this serious.
Seems to me now that I have had timne to think about this that about 15 years ago NASCAR made owner Junior Johnson "sit out" a race. Of course they allowed the team to race with a different listed owner and a different number, so no owner points for Johnson. Geoff Bodine was the driver and he was allowed to race.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
This just in...

Tommy Baldwin, crew chief for the No. 9 Dodge driven by Kasey Kahne, was fined $10,000 for an unapproved front air dam extension

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Good find BowTieGuy. I've been going to Jayski's and the Nascar site and was waiting for an update. Not too big a deal then. No points eh ?

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Moparman, do you ever go to thatsracin.com ? And no, no points. My guess would be probably because it never raced, was caught in prerace inspection.

I wonder though, if this is what Ray was hiding last year when he was covering up the front ends of his cars on pit road, Indy-style???

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BowTieGuy said:
Moparman, do you ever go to thatsracin.com ? And no, no points. My guess would be probably because it never raced, was caught in prerace inspection.

I wonder though, if this is what Ray was hiding last year when he was covering up the front ends of his cars on pit road, Indy-style???
They have probably been cheating for a long time.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
News flash they all try to cheat. They have since the sport was started in the 50's. Like dry ice or rocks in the springs, after a few laps the car would lower itself after the springs crushed then rocks. Or load the roll cage with small ball bearings. After the race started. The driver would pull a lever and open an hole under the roll cage. And the exhaust would kick the little ball bearings to the inside of the track. And the car would be 200 lbs less. Or run the gas lines around the car many times. So car would have a couple extra gallons of gas. The list is endless...

·
Registered
562 Posts
I use the dry ice in the intake trick in my dirt track race car. :devil:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
BowTieGuy said:

That's a good site. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
Or load the roll cage with small ball bearings. After the race started. The driver would pull a lever and open an hole under the roll cage. And the exhaust would kick the little ball bearings to the inside of the track.
hey, Kenny Schrader did that when qualifying about 12 years ago........ well, not droppign ball bearings, but he had added weights in his car

1 - 20 of 23 Posts