DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some ass going too fast around a corner forced me to floor it out of a parking lot. problem is my car couldnt seem to find a gear it liked, didnt go anywhere, finaly got to 1st and took off. at that moment the check engine light came on. the codes i got were 12 and 43. 12 is battery which i have not disconnected and 43 was a cylender misfire and something else. the car seems to drive fine now so i was wondering what if anything i should be concerened about and what to do. also, do i have to go to the dealer to get this light reset? thanks

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Has it happened before recently? May have just been a fluke? :confused: Btw, you can disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes to reset the codes. Check the codes again later though to see if they reappear.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Yup, Argus is right. Try and disconnect the battery for a few minutes, and then chrysler recommends "teaching" the computer again.

That means when you start the car go to a nice long road, come to a full stop, then pull away anywhere between half and 3/4's power for about 3 minutes. Slow down normally and come to a stop. That will do something towards getting your engine to learn how to work efficiently again etc. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts